Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 PM

1 posts, read 1,198 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

I am moving to Raleigh this Summer from NYC where I have lived and worked for 12 years. I am from Boston and spent my prior years working in MA. I am very excited about the move as I have spent much time down here. I am moving here to be with my partner and Raleigh was the better economic choice. It will be an adjustment from city and of course my job which I love, but I welcome the change. I am in a unique position as I can continue doing freelance retouching work for my company in NYC while I look for full-time work in Raleigh. I am a creative project manager in the print and pre-press industry and expert photo retoucher. I have worked with major retail and branding companies in both Ny and Boston carrying out large retouching campaigns (Microsoft windows 8 launch) as well as large format trade shows and digital printing. I know the field inside and out and I love it. I have incredible recommendations. Whereas NYC and Boston have plenty of work in my field, Raleigh seems to be somewhat limited. I am researching companies as best as possible but does anybody have recommendations on how to best network myself to ad agencies etc. Realizing that the best jobs are the ones not posted, I am looking for the best ways to get informational interviews so a potential employer can see that I am a talented and passionate individual when it comes to my field. I would appreciate any feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 03:34 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,156,607 times
Why not telecommute? If you are highly skilled and in demand, it would seem to me to be the sort of gig that you can create for yourself.
You could also freelance back to your current and former employers. Can you get on your partner's health care plan? If so, freelancing might be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary