U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,255,936 times

Advertisements

Hubby left the sunroof open I'm renting an apt, so it's kind of hard for me to clean it the way it really needs to be done. I'm thinking that the cloth seats need to be injected with mildew cleaner into the cushions and steamed cleaned. I had that done when my daughter barfed on the furniture before. I really want to make sure nothing is breeding in the cushions.

I just checked out Carolina Auto Spa Auto Detail Raleigh Cary Membership Packages Do I really need to spend $229.95? I just want the inside done. Anywhere else in the area more affordable? I'll double check by searching the forum also. Thanks for your help.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 08:52 AM

38,794 posts, read 67,133,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
Hubby left the sunroof open I'm renting an apt, so it's kind of hard for me to clean it the way it really needs to be done. I'm thinking that the cloth seats need to be injected with mildew cleaner into the cushions and steamed cleaned. I had that done when my daughter barfed on the furniture before. I really want to make sure nothing is breeding in the cushions.

I just checked out Carolina Auto Spa Auto Detail Raleigh Cary Membership Packages Do I really need to spend $229.95? I just want the inside done. Anywhere else in the area more affordable? I'll double check by searching the forum also. Thanks for your help.
Must be something in here:
cary mobile detail - Google Search

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM

The Google search was a bit overwhelming comparing prices and services. I did a search on the forum and found this: Bunkey's Detail Shop voted best detail shop 13 years in a row by Spectator Magizine Cheaper than the other place.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:28 AM

1,395 posts, read 4,787,251 times
Scruffy Duck in Apex off of Laura Duncan & 64 has a complete interior detailing package for $99.

Scruffy Duck Full Service Car Wash - Apex, NC

Old 10-25-2007, 09:36 AM

Thanks! I like how they have an a la carte menu for detailing.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,163,022 times
Kelley,

I'm so sorry that happened. Of all the days to leave the sun roof open! But then who knew we'd get that much rain. I hope you find somewhere reasonable.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:44 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,206,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtoNC! View Post
The Google search was a bit overwhelming comparing prices and services. I did a search on the forum and found this: Bunkey's Detail Shop voted best detail shop 13 years in a row by Spectator Magizine Cheaper than the other place.
I had a horrible experience at Bunkey's. A buddy got sick in the car after a night of clubbing and I had to entertain guests the next day. I took my car to Bunkey's for the full detail. I didn't choose Bunkey's for the best price, but rather because they were the only shop that could take me on short notice. I specifically told them that I was concerned about the vomit and inquired about extra charge I would have paid a premium for cleaning that, as I know it's not part of the normal detail.

Well, they left the chunks and a smeared window. If they weren't going to clean the vomit, they should have turned down the job when I asked. I expressed dissatisfaction to the detailer, who choose not to do anything to remedy the situation except give me an air freshener packet. I will never again take my vehicle to Bunkey's for car wash or detail. They might do a great job on other people's vehicles, or perhaps the detailer was just having a bad day. I am simply relating my experience with Bunkey's.

I have taken my business to Pristine Auto Spa and have been very pleased with their service on details and car wash.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:18 PM

When I called Bunkeys he told me to just roll down the windows on a sunny day to air out. Which I did since it didn't sound like he was going to do anything to get the moisture out. Guess he didn't want my business

Old 10-27-2007, 06:49 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,163,022 times
Kelley,

When I told David about your problem that's what he suggested you should do too. He thought that it would probably take a while for mildew to develop and just airing it out might do the trick.

Old 10-28-2007, 02:51 PM

188 posts, read 1,102,938 times
My friend owns this business. He does a great job. He's going to detail the inside of my car on Tues.

ABCDetailing - The Triangles premiere auto detailing service
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary