Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2006, 10:35 AM

225 posts, read 953,034 times

Advertisements

How concern do I need to be about school overcrowding? I keep reading on the boards about this problem, I'm getting nervous.

We finally have a rental leased in apex/cary and my kids will be going to Turner Creek Elem., Salem MS and Pather Creek HS & Green Hope HS. Any comments on these school. If you have any children in them currently could you let me know how you like them. What is the average class size for Elementry?

Thanks! jmarie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2006, 10:40 AM

1,638 posts, read 3,824,021 times
There are 2 current issues with overcrowding and the schools---year round schooling, and school reassignments. How do you feel about year round schools? Would having your children on different schedules bother you (assuming you have 1 in elementary, and others in middle & high school)? How would you feel if your child was being reassigned every year to a new school?

Those are the issues to be concerned about the most. Turner Creek I know is 1)a year round school and 2)getting ready to go through another reassignment. Children currently attending Turner Creek might be pulled out and sent back to their base schools if the year round proposal passes. I actually heard from a friend recently that if the year round proposal goes in to effect they will be pulling 600 children currently scheduled to attend Turner Creek and sending them back to their home schools. That leaves roughly 100 kids to fill 700 spots. Where will those other 600 children come from? And how will things change next year? And the year after?

Old 10-07-2006, 01:54 PM

225 posts, read 953,034 times
Yes, it does bother me that I would have the kids split between year around & traditional ----but, I hate the overcrowding more!

I'll be down there in a few weeks with the kids. We are coming down for a week & I plan on visiting all the schools they will be attending.

Thanks for you comments!

Old 10-07-2006, 08:22 PM

311 posts, read 617,556 times
There is one thing you can count on in all these unsettled school issues....the population will keep on exceeding the ability of the schools to handle it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary