Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 01:39 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,541,015 times

Advertisements

What I really want to know is how the fire started in the first place. All of the employees were supposed to have gone home 3 hours before it started.....how did it start? I think we've only uncovered the tip of the iceburg on this one. EQ is history that's for sure, I'm sure similar businesses in the area will soon be fed up with all of the new regulations they will get slammed with; but it will definitely be worth it to never have another incidient like this again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2006, 01:50 PM

278 posts, read 800,768 times
I agree. When did it become okay to store extremely dangerous chemicals in residential areas?

Old 10-08-2006, 11:39 PM

229 posts, read 1,051,859 times
Default Apex Explosion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaylahc View Post
I was wondering if this incident was going to negatively affect the real estate market here. I have a house to sell soon!

I am a REALTOR and sold a home in Apex the day of the explosion!! Fortunately the home was on the North side of Apex going towards Cary. This area was not evacuated.

However, my clients were concerned that the national news would have an impact on people's perceptions of Apex. They are ok now, but the first couple of days they were worried.

Tracy

Old 10-09-2006, 10:56 PM

229 posts, read 1,051,859 times
It's amazing to me that the EQ plant was on the South side of town and my clients bought on the North side of town the day before the explosion. That said, they were still worried about the value of the home they purchased.

My clients purchased in a wonderful neighborhood and, after a week or two, they will never again here about the explosion in Apex.

It amazed me that it had such a short-term impact but it did.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:52 PM

Wow Tracy, those clients of yours must have had a bit of a panic attack! I still don't think it will seriously affect real estate prices though, because people tend to forget these things when they find their dream house for the right price! As predicted, I heard that several residents of the area have initiated lawsuits against EQ for loss of use of their property. Hopefully, EQ will not be inclined to rebuild the plant in Apex. That would be a good thing.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:58 PM

505 posts, read 2,535,150 times
The thing about it, is it can happen almost anywhere. I would not let this event change my mind about moving to the area. It was just a tragic accident.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:02 AM

I agree with you Beffrey2, but I still think companies like that should be chased out of town!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary