Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 11:37 AM

27 posts, read 33,777 times

Advertisements

@adams_aj Haha! The best way to be! RU?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM

2,511 posts, read 2,808,944 times
No, I'm not, but again: the concept is very intriguing! I used to play beerball, but the softball kept getting in the way!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM

Haha! I know what you mean sometimes.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:17 PM

560 posts, read 951,152 times
Do not forget to consider the costs of having, maintaining, and driving a car - since this is not something you are currently doing when naming a price range for rent

Old 04-04-2013, 01:42 PM

Oh yes. Someone mentioned that before, which I'll have to research some more. However, I look forward to finally owning some wheels again.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:29 AM

I'm planning a trip down. Are there any neighborhoods I should check out or avoid? Thank you!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 AM

29 posts, read 55,834 times
Next to me in Chapel Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOnH3Harriet View Post
Hello all!

A little background info about me. As the titled stated I am a single mid twenties female with interests in relocating. I presently live in bustling NYC, but have lived in the small (but cold!) city of Boston, and I grew up in the boondocks of Maine. So I have had experiences from both ends of the spectrum. However, now I want to find something in the middle, but with plenty of energy and liveliness.

I have a stable career in health insurance that I can take with me when I move, because I work from home. North Carolina was suggested to me as a place to live as a close friend lives near Raleigh. I am wondering which city and neighborhood would be best to live in? I've been leaning more so towards Raleigh.

I do not own a car, but assume I will need to have one when I move. I also plan to rent when I relocate, with a budget of around 1000 +/-. As you can imagine, after living in NYC for a year I would like to live somewhere affordable and save my money for something bigger.

I hope some of you can help me out. I've been researching on my own, and would like to hear from the locals perspective. I have narrowed is down between moving to CT or NC. However, the affordability, safety, and weather of NC is very alluring.

Also if you have any helpful information or advice that would also be appreciated!
Thank you!

Old 04-09-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by klh121560 View Post
Next to me in Chapel Hill
Haha! Ok! I'll have to check it out then!

Old 07-05-2013, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 691 times
I'm relatively new to Hashing, but I can give you at least a little insight to the local kennels.

The most active kennel is Sir Walter's H3 (http://www.swh3.com/). They hash every weekend, plus on the full moon, and in the warmer months, also on Monday nights. This group has a blend of younger and older hashers.

The next-most active kennel is Carolina Larrikins H3 (http://www.carolinalarrikins.com/). They hash a couple of times a month, plus special events. While I've not been on one of their hashes before, a good number of them join the SWH3 hashes. My impression is that this has a younger, more rambunctious crowd. Not saying that's a bad thing.

There's a third H3 in the area, Triangle H3 (https://www.facebook.com/TriangleH3), but I've only heard of it through word of mouth, and it seems to have infrequent hashes (excepting an Annual Midsummer Night's Hash). With the exception of the AMNH, I get the impression that it's hashes are geared to a less rambunctious crowd - cookouts as an On-After, for example.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 PM

2,511 posts, read 2,808,944 times
Thanks Fahrenheit OnOnH3Harriet, are you still following?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary