Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2013, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,265 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I am a nyc paramedic , who might be working for wake county EMS.
I might have a decent salary from 30,000- 45,000 a year. I was wondering where
Would be the ideal place for me to live. In terms of commute, somewhere I can save to
Buy a house or condo. I have a wife and two daughters ages 13 and 7. My wife
And I are both 31. We would like to give the kids a suburb type of life but also not to be
To far away from the city. Also wanted to know if anybody had any
Opinions on wake county paramedics. And school is very important for my kids and outdoor
Recreation. Also my wife is an event planner and cake boss, I'm guessing raliegh would be ideal for
Her to start a buisiness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 07:30 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,223 times
Welcome to the forum! You might want to start with a search for existing threads on relocation - there are tons of them! Here is one (few days old) on choosing schools and here is just one example of a relocation-related thread. This is just from the top of the list - if you click Search in forum and enter 'relocating', there will be many more. When we were moving a couple of years ago, I found the existing threads very helpfull.

Also I started with just a basic search on Realtor and Greatschools web sites to see where good schools match with properties in our price range.

Good luck!

Old 04-08-2013, 07:33 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Newcomers to the forum are encouraged to consult this thread before asking too many questions, as so much can be answered within.

When you ask about a commute, you need to say where your job would be (obviously). The Triangle is very spread-out.

Old 04-09-2013, 06:11 AM

387 posts, read 638,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmontesino82 View Post
Also my wife is an event planner and cake boss, I'm guessing raliegh would be ideal for Her to start a buisiness.
If she would like to start a food-based business, either from the home, or from a commercial kitchen, she will need to be under proper inspection with either the NC Department of Agriculture or the county Health Department in whatever county you land in. If she's just baking, it's the Department of Ag. If she's catering prepared meals that she's preparing, then it's Health Department.

Finally, if she's baking from the home, North Carolina does inspect home processors making foods for sale. There's a website set up by the Department of Ag covering all the information she will need. You can find it here: NCDA&CS - Food & Drug Protection - Food Program.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary