Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 04:23 AM

38 posts, read 69,370 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm a long time reader, but first time poster. Moving to Raleigh for at least the next 3-4 years for a work project and my Fiancée I want to rent an apartment/condo (though we are not opposed to buying one, that's a LAST resort). What are some of the better apartments in downtown Raleigh?

We are currently looking for a 2 bedroom apartment and looking seriously at Park Devereux and The Hue. But before we lock ourselves in we would like to get some feedback.

Help a guy out, will you good people?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 05:45 AM

1,357 posts, read 4,026,140 times
I don't know much about either but I have read on this forum that The Hue isn't worth the money due to the nightclub nearby and that you can hear music well into the night on weekends. Do a search on this forum and I'm sure you'll find info about it so you can decide how much that bothers you!

Old 04-15-2013, 07:27 AM

826 posts, read 1,931,884 times
Not sure if you are definitely locked into downtown Raleigh but there are brand new apartments being built around Cameron Village - the first ones are supposed to be ready this summer. Not far from downtown and across the street from shopping and food.

Crescent Cameron Village | Luxury Apartments | Raleigh, NC

Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 AM

397 posts, read 805,013 times
I rented in The West condo building for a year. One of the better buidlings downtown. Very well built with outstanding quality for a condo building.

I would try to get one of the upper levels though. I lived on the 10th floor.

You do have to be careful about the lower levels, as the noise can be a little crazy. Expecially on the high traffic thurs, fri, sat nights.

When I lived there, they had 2 night clubs downstairs. They since bought one of the leases out and they are no longer there.

I've heard some bad things about the Hue as it's in a VERY noisy location.

Old 04-15-2013, 08:23 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,226,869 times
927westmorgan (.) com They should be open any day now and very nice from the looks of it. Very Swank and nice amenities.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 PM

38 posts, read 69,370 times
Wow. I wasn't expecting this many replies. Thank you all so much!

Sowk09, my lady already wasn't liking the Hue, so this will be ammunition for he lol. Thanks.

MSKB, we are almost certainly locked into downtown. We both are relatively young and will be working downtown, and wanted to live somewhere close to our respective offices so we could walk and/or take a very short cab ride if needs be. As well as enjoy downtown living.

Taynxtlvl, the website seems to be down, thanks though, will check it out once it's functional

Old 04-15-2013, 10:32 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Have they opened a grocery store downtown yet?

Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM

Not yet but there is definite progress on The Market's planned grocery store! They are hoping to be open (restaurant and grocery) by June according to Twitter.

Grocery store finally coming to downtown Raleigh | Now Serving | Indy Week

Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Nice. I still think downtown also needs a regular grocery store. It would be pretty much totally walkable then.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:59 AM

I agree!

This is a bit OT from the original post but here is an interesting retail market analysis done of downtown Raleigh back in Feb. 2009 that outlines why downtown Raleigh really can't support a full grocery store until it hits 10,000 residents due to issues like demographics, parking, pricing, etc. I wonder what an updated analysis would show.

http://www.godowntownraleigh.com/_fi...ept09small.pdf (pages 43-59)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary