Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 08:50 AM

3 posts, read 3,667 times

Advertisements

Hi all -
We live in Wake Forest and are in need of a new Veterinarian for our Labrador. I've visited with three vet's offices, none of which have any type of beside manner with our dog (or us sadly). Traditionally I'm not that high maintenance, but we have an aging Labrador with horrible allergies and currently losing weight.

Here's what I need (in case it helps): a Vet that will be thorough and take their time to explain some of the things going on with our pooch, but given where we are in his life not drag us in to see them for no reason (i.e. run tests just to run them, not bc of a posing problem).

I'd rather not blast who we've seen so far, so please help....we need to identify someone quickly.

Thank you for ALL your help and advice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 08:57 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,003,675 times
I have been using Dr Craig Wilson at Bayleaf vet for 25 years..
He is all you aksed for & more !!!
Located on Six Forks Rd near 540 (beside Taylor's Wine & Convenience Store)

Old 04-15-2013, 09:25 AM

Thank you!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:27 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncgabe View Post
Hi all -
We live in Wake Forest and are in need of a new Veterinarian for our Labrador. I've visited with three vet's offices, none of which have any type of beside manner with our dog (or us sadly). Traditionally I'm not that high maintenance, but we have an aging Labrador with horrible allergies and currently losing weight.

Here's what I need (in case it helps): a Vet that will be thorough and take their time to explain some of the things going on with our pooch, but given where we are in his life not drag us in to see them for no reason (i.e. run tests just to run them, not bc of a posing problem).

I'd rather not blast who we've seen so far, so please help....we need to identify someone quickly.

Thank you for ALL your help and advice!
I feel your pain!

It seems to me that all Vets are good UNTIL your pet has something unusual!

We went through a few vets in North Raleigh when our dog had some issues. We ended up going to the NCSU Vet School because no one could figure it out. I GUESSED what it was and lo and behold...about $2500 later, I was right.

Had problems with my cat. Last vet told us she was allergic to her food and put her on some $$$ food. After getting worse and having new issues, vet told us our cat was diabetic. After a few months of insulin shots, and reading on the 'net about cats and their food, I very slowly, changed her food from dry to wet (very high end cat food that people could eat...but NOT ME!). Then I very slowly stopped her insulin. I did this based on information I found on THIS forum under the pet section! VERY helpful folks there!

Today, she is healthy and happy and actually has tons more energy.

So...I don't have any vets to recommend!!! But...I want you to know that I understand your anguish. Having a sick pet is similar to having a sick child!

Vicki

Old 04-15-2013, 09:29 AM

2,464 posts, read 4,163,456 times
My old lab had bad allergy problems....and we've never had any complaints with our vet at Falls Village Veterinary Hospital. Dr Green treats our dogs.

Old 04-15-2013, 10:07 AM

100 posts, read 289,390 times
I highly recommend Dr Janine Sagris of Mobile Laser Veterinary Clinic. By being a mobile vet, it eliminates the need to take her location into account b/c she comes to you and I LOVE not having to pack up my cats and transport them. Especially, my elderly kitty who doesn't travel well and gets very traumatized by vet visits. Here's all the things I love about Dr. Sagris:
- Despite the fact that she is mobile, her prices are the same or lower than other vets in the area
- She is a full service vet able to do lab work, surgery, dental cleanings, sedated exams, etc.
- She takes plenty of time to answer questions, discuss options, anticipate future complications, etc
- She does not try to up sell me on unneccesary tests and procedures ever.
- She has really helped my cat's quality of life tremendously. My cat suffers from severe Arthritis, Diabetes, and Cataracts but she is much more comfortable now.

Best of luck in your decision. It can bring a lot of peace of mind when you know your animals are in good hands and it is really stressful when you feel like they are not in good hands.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM

Thanks everyone! I'm meeting with Falls Village this Thursday, and hopeful after speaking in great length to one of the admins that it will be a positive experience. I spent 300.00 with the previous vet last night, received some very sad news about our Labrador, and was given all of 2 minutes with the Vet that owns/runs the facility. Horrible experience as well as a very sad one.

Thank you all again for your recommendations, please cross your fingers for a positive outcome for us.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM

1,007 posts, read 5,662,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I have been using Dr Craig Wilson at Bayleaf vet for 25 years..
He is all you aksed for & more !!!
Located on Six Forks Rd near 540 (beside Taylor's Wine & Convenience Store)

That's my vet too. Really great vet and caring.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 PM

553 posts, read 1,271,685 times
We've been very happy with Companion Animals of Wakefield.

Old 04-24-2013, 12:13 PM

50 posts, read 122,699 times
We've been very happy with Dr. Fisher on Gresham Lake Rd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary