Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 06:10 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,154,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
The only other random thing of note I found is that apparently CBL doesn't own the land that Dillards or Macys reside. So any "lifestyle" development would have to take place outside of that area. Take a look at the below image for what I mean:
How strange. I wonder how that came to be.

It would be absolutely amazing if someone with a vision decided to completely redo that area into a mixed used property. With easy access to I-40 I can only imagine it would be a huge success.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2013, 06:35 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,914,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evaofnc View Post
How strange. I wonder how that came to be.

It would be absolutely amazing if someone with a vision decided to completely redo that area into a mixed used property. With easy access to I-40 I can only imagine it would be a huge success.
That's typical for anchor stores at malls. Sears, Macys, JCP, etc. are some of the largest retail real estate owners in the country. For malls, they raise the funds for the cap-ex to build their anchors and the mall developer builds and leases the space between their stores.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:18 PM

1,355 posts, read 2,679,712 times
The mall would be more successful as a lifestyle center, IMO.

Dave & Busters at the current mall does not fit in well at all.

Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Was talking with a friend who recently wandered into the men's room by mistake. Apparently, it is poorly marked.

She said the men's room was dreadful, way worse than the women's room which was bad enough. Based on the conditions of the bathrooms, she believes they have given up completely on the mall and are just letting it fall to ruin. Said there are so many empty spaces in the parking lot that folks are now selling rugs out of a huge tent and citrus off the back of trucks.

She could not imagine a Dave & Busters being successful there. This is not a mall that attracts young professionals. Doubt this is anything more than a wishful thinking.

With the Galaxy Cinema being turned into Harris Teeter, a walkable urban area with restaurants and bars, condos and offices would be attractive to a lot of young professionals.

Old 05-04-2013, 07:49 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
The Dave and Busters is a definite. They have had rug and art sales in the parking lot of that mall for decades, that's nothing new. They're definitley planning an overhaul and they've already moved a bunch of stores out in preparation.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:46 AM

4,478 posts, read 11,619,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
You can see Dave & Buster's on the leasing plan (PDF)....section near Belk where AniMall, the old oriental rug shop, and other vacant shops were.

Edit: Here (PDF) is another one showing that they're taking that whole block of 30,000 SF, apparently including LensCrafters. Opening in the fall.
For people who missed this post from earlier in the thread...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:50 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
The Dave and Busters is a definite. They have had rug and art sales in the parking lot of that mall for decades, that's nothing new. They're definitley planning an overhaul and they've already moved a bunch of stores out in preparation.
So the plan is to continue on with a regular indoor mall, just rearrange and add the Dave and Busters?

Old 05-05-2013, 04:35 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,104,632 times
They are planning on adding other stores too. I don't think it's been decided what and I don't know what type, if any, rennovations are being considered. There is, or was, a survey on the mall webpage soliciting feedback on the type of stores people would like to see.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,000 times
I saw the drawings for the Dave and Buster's today. It's not a rumor. Should improve the traffic flow in that area tremendously.

Old 05-21-2013, 07:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
We were at the Dave and Busters in Charlotte a couple of weeks ago.

I can see it being a huge hit in this area. It was very clean and very "family friendly". The food was typical but it was pretty good.

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary