Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 05:34 PM

1 posts, read 2,615 times

Advertisements

Any one promised a $50 prepaid visa from twc for signing up for rr?
I signed up in April and still have not received the card. E-mails to twc simply give me the runaround and have been going back and forth for a month.
Who else can I use for internet service besides att? I have to dump the liars AT TWC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 AM

321 posts, read 880,387 times
I don't believe its a scam. You have to send something in (rebate) to get the card.

Rebates - Visit rebates.offerwire.com for forms and redemption instructions
» All Three Services - $150
» Free Wireless Router* ($50 value)
» Cable Modem Included*
Total Rebates and Equipment Promotion = $200.
*Equipment Rebates comes in the form of an Offerwire Visa® Prepaid Card. The Visa Prepaid Card is not redeemable for cash or usable at any ATM. Terms and Conditions apply to the card. Subject to applicable law, a monthly maintenance fee of $3 (USD) applies, but is waived for the first six months after the card is issued. Your card is issued by MetaBank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Cards can be used at any merchants that accept Visa debit cards. Offerwire reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a Visa prepaid card at its discretion. Visit rebates.offerwire.com for forms and redemption instructions.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:09 AM

321 posts, read 880,387 times
Sorry....meant to say NOT a scam.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:44 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
I had to ask for mine a couple times, they finally sent it. Obviously a delay tactic on their part.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:55 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsup View Post
I had to ask for mine a couple times, they finally sent it. Obviously a delay tactic on their part.
More likely ignorance of the details.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,276 times
Default Interesting

Interesting information shared with useful and helpful ideas and detailed topic.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:05 AM

13,811 posts, read 27,450,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
More likely ignorance of the details.
What are you implying?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by felinzz View Post
Any one promised a $50 prepaid visa from twc for signing up for rr?
I signed up in April and still have not received the card. E-mails to twc simply give me the runaround and have been going back and forth for a month.
Who else can I use for internet service besides att? I have to dump the liars AT TWC.
im ready to file an class action suit based on fraud, perjury, false advertisement, and anything else....i keep getting the runaround form twc...so i called tristar, the issuers of the card and they said they never received any info from twc....tristar said to call twc, ask for customer retention,ask for supervisor and demand they fulfill their promise...

Old 04-17-2013, 10:30 AM

162 posts, read 291,973 times
I got a $150 card -- youdo have to fill something out -- I don't recall details but it was all online & I got it pretty quickly -- you don't just get it sent to you if you sign up for service.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:09 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
We have filed a formal complaint against TWC. In February, we responded to a special advertised offering high speed internet (which we already had with them) and cable TV for $64.99/mo. We were already paying about $40 for internet. The woman we spoke to was very accomodating. Our cable TV was hooked up the next day and we were very pleased. Imgine our surprise, when 4 weeks later we get our first bill for almost $250!!!!!! After multiple calls with no resolution (including 2 to different supervisors), we were promised they would review a transcript of the call (all are recorded) and we would hear back in 10 days. Never happened. We called again only 2 be told that we must be mistaken and there is no $64.99 special advertised - WE SAW THE SAME SPECIAL ADVERTISED ONLINE THAT VERY DAY!! Finally, we knew there was no dealing with them, we paid the bill (did not want any negatives on our credit) and filed a formal complaint with consforms@ncdoj.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary