Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2006, 07:43 PM

21 posts, read 47,294 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking of relocating my family to the cary /apex area but I won't have
a job transfer i'm just in the early stages of my plan my house just went on the market here on long Island and i'm thinking a good 8 months or so before this
whole transition will take place the scary thing is not having a job right away
my current job is senior collector for a major long island hospital for the last 9 years and while I will be putting a big down payment on the house I purchase
which wont leave me with much of a mtg i'll still need some type of job what
is the job market like for New Yorkers like myself
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 09:05 AM

59 posts, read 274,950 times
Default I wouldn't bother...

Consider somewhere else to move...this place is really going to the dogs...too many sub-divs, roads are bad, not enough schools....

Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,008,836 times
I think everyone has different opinions about the area. I have met with many many clients who have visited different areas and choose to live in the triangle. If you are planning on staying in the same field, there are certainly a number of excellent hospitals in the area (UNC - Chapel Hill, Duke, Wake Medical Center Raleigh, Wake Med Cary, Raleigh Community (which I think is now duke something or other!!!), and Rex Hospital.

The triangle area is quite big and there are many different communities for people to choose from. Cary has probably received more press than the others, but they are all nice.

Anyhow, I think you should really research your options, and determine what is best for you.

Leigh

Old 10-09-2006, 09:22 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,552,556 times
Thanks Leigh I was about to say the same thing about the different opinions on this board. 9 out of 10 people that relocate love it though. I have talked to hundreds that love it. Then I will get this one negative person. Thats fine everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you not happy here don't just complain, go back to where you will be happy. If you can be happy that is anywhere. I'm very happy in NC.

Debbie

Old 10-09-2006, 04:25 PM

21 posts, read 47,294 times
thanks at least two people on this thread are helpful and positive
I have a friend in apex who also told me about duke university I may send
my resume and see what happens I'm gonna leave it all in the lords hands
and forget about what negative people say
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary