Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,096,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
You mean real fish? Like from water?
Can I get a fish fry somewhere?

S
The Sea Depot in Cary will fry your fish while you wait. http://theseadepot.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 11:55 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorio View Post
You mean real fish? Like from water?
Can I get a fish fry somewhere?

S
Well, if I were going to fry up a mess of fresh flounder or grey trout I would go with Earp's Seafood on South Saunders St...they do truck it up from the coast daily. I guess that qualifies as a fresh seafood market

Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Didn't know that the Meat House closed. I don't eat much meat, so I never was in there. For those looking for traditional butcher shops try Cliff's in Carrboro. Been there since forever and I have been in there. I got Ostrich burgers from Cliff one time for my dad.

Southern Foodways: Cliff Collins of Cliff's Meat Market | Serious Eats
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cliff...41641559221355

To make this somewhat on-topic, I'm sure Cliff can provide you some great meat toppings for your pizza.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 PM

119 posts, read 206,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Didn't know that the Meat House closed. I don't eat much meat, so I never was in there. For those looking for traditional butcher shops try Cliff's in Carrboro. Been there since forever and I have been in there. I got Ostrich burgers from Cliff one time for my dad.

Southern Foodways: Cliff Collins of Cliff's Meat Market | Serious Eats
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cliff...41641559221355

To make this somewhat on-topic, I'm sure Cliff can provide you some great meat toppings for your pizza.

No no I think that Antonio's closed. the Meat House in Cary is open-- or at least it was about a month ago

Old 06-13-2013, 12:04 PM

744 posts, read 1,262,047 times
The best pizza in the Triangle is Pizzeria Toro in downtown Durham-- by a long shot. If a foldable NY style pizza is a must try Alfredo's Pizza in University Mall.

Old 06-14-2013, 04:30 PM

1,495 posts, read 3,719,746 times
we LOVE The Mellow Mushroom. .great pizza.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:50 PM

810 posts, read 1,448,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjmuhammad View Post
Italian Pizzeria in Durham off of Guess Rd. The crust was crispy but chewy. I am not from NY but that pizza was darn good.
I sometimes get Italian Pizzeria at that shopping center at the intersection of 70 and 98 where there used to be a run-down Lowes food store. It's got kind of a gourmet crust (never a good thing) but I'd call it good pizza and worthy of support.

S

PS
There's a Hardees in that shopping center which I mention too because the ladies at the counter are always really sweet and it's worth going there just for that.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:55 PM

810 posts, read 1,448,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-Love View Post
Thank you all. It is indeed individual preference at the end of the day...everything is subjective.
Let's not start saying that everything is equally good. It's the way that evil people are trying to make us accept evil things, and we should always be on guard against going even a millimeter in that direction.

S

(I expect pushback from the evil community...)

Old 06-15-2013, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,235 times
Smile Pizza

Hi Tri-Love,

Having lived in both NY & NJ for a total of 39 years I too was in search of NY style pizza when we moved to Raleigh several years ago. We absolutely love Sergios on New Falls of Neuse Road, close to Wakefield Plantation. I do hear good things about NY Pizza on Falls in the shopping center near Chik Fila. We have been ordering from Sergios for several months now. The best thing is that they deliver which was hard to find here. Hope this helps.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:33 PM

2,615 posts, read 3,144,625 times
Italian Pizzeria in Durham is one of my favorites. I'm not a New Yorker so I don't know how it compares to NY places but I love it. 3 locations in Durham. Willowdale Shopping Center would be most convenient for you.

BTW, we will forgive you being from NY. Some of you are OK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary