Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2013, 04:22 PM

7 posts, read 18,603 times

Advertisements

Hello! We are a family of three (mom, dad and 7 month old son) who are thinking about relocating to the Apex area from N. NJ. We are considering moving to change our cost of living and quality of life so Mom can become a stay at home mom. Work is not an issue, as my husband is able to transfer offices within his large company to Raleigh. So he would be commuting to Raleigh and doesn't want it to be a long one. We'd ideally like a 4 bedroom home under 300k. It's very important to be in a young, social area as we won't know anyone and will want to make friends. Coming from NJ, where we don't live in subdivisions I'm interested in the reputations of different ones. Are certain ones considered better or more prestigious than others? Obviously we want low crime and good schools. Any opinions appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2013, 07:15 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Not sure what you mean by more prestigious. There are many nice subdivisions under 300K but if you are looking for "higher end", this will carry a higher price tag. A couple of the "more prestigious" ones:

Greyhawk Landing - range 600's - over a million
Bella Casa - not sure where they start but most over 550 -600K

Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 AM

7 posts, read 18,603 times
Prestigious was the wrong word to use...I meant one that is thought of as a good community, with nice, social young families who are active in the community, etc. I know that every area has its rougher neighborhoods so we don't want to end up in one of those because we aren't familiar with the area.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:08 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,798,199 times
You won't have a problem in your price range getting a nice house in a nice community. I can't think of any rough areas around Apex the way you'd be thinking in North Jersey (I'm from Long Island). Check out Dogwood Ridge, Pearson Farms, Becketts Crossing, Scotts Mill and Shepherds Vineyard for a start.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:11 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,424,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJH38 View Post
Prestigious was the wrong word to use...I meant one that is thought of as a good community, with nice, social young families who are active in the community, etc. I know that every area has its rougher neighborhoods so we don't want to end up in one of those because we aren't familiar with the area.
Thanks for clarifying - you'll find lots of great neighborhoods in your price range. Many with young and growing families! Good luck in your search!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM

757 posts, read 2,083,364 times
Where in Raleigh will the commute be too. That will make a big difference in where to look.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:03 PM

224 posts, read 432,427 times
I just want to say, good for you guys!! I have some family still in NJ and we can't pry them away from there even though they would be way better off financially down here.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:39 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Having once lived in Manhattan, there are many folks who don't want to give up the entertainment and transit options in exchange for some lower costs.

Suburbia isn't for everyone.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:11 PM

40 posts, read 123,796 times
Under 300K may be a stretch but in the 300s you should check out Abbington and Haddon Hall. Why Apex specifically? Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs, for example, seems like a great fit for you based on your wants. Depending on where the company is located in Raleigh, parts of HS (or other towns, this was just an example) may be just as close as Apex.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:15 PM

513 posts, read 695,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KOB2 View Post
Under 300K may be a stretch but in the 300s you should check out Abbington and Haddon Hall. Why Apex specifically? Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs, for example, seems like a great fit for you based on your wants. Depending on where the company is located in Raleigh, parts of HS (or other towns, this was just an example) may be just as close as Apex.
I don't think under 300 is a stretch at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary