Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 07:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,230,653 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I guess I take the cake for the lowest score so far: 0. The irony in that is my neighborhood is considered one of the more walkable ones in north Raleigh, with sidewalks on both sides of the street, a greenway, and pocket parks. BTW, the HOA-maintained pocket parks are also not recognized. We are 1.07 miles from the nearest shopping center which has a grocer, lots of restaurants, doc offices, etc...and it does not require leaving the neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I should've gotten a very high score, but something above a goose egg was expected.

Tell ya what...since I don't do much walking at all, you can have 25 of my points!!!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 08:51 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,654,067 times
Fun site but about as accurate as Zillow is for real estate. I would love to live somewhere where I can walk to a store, library, school, etc. I did at one time and I miss it. I moved to a more rural area in MA for the affordibility. Fighting obesity in America one greenway at a time!

Old 11-01-2007, 11:36 AM

578 posts, read 3,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp_az View Post
I guess I take the cake for the lowest score so far: 0. The irony in that is my neighborhood is considered one of the more walkable ones in north Raleigh, with sidewalks on both sides of the street, a greenway, and pocket parks. BTW, the HOA-maintained pocket parks are also not recognized. We are 1.07 miles from the nearest shopping center which has a grocer, lots of restaurants, doc offices, etc...and it does not require leaving the neighborhood. Don't get me wrong, I don't feel like I should've gotten a very high score, but something above a goose egg was expected.
Well howdy, neighbor!

Yeah, who would've thought Falls River isn't a walkable neighborhood. Ha! Guess that shows you how worthless that site is in regards to accurately ranking anything.

Last edited by gastric; 11-01-2007 at 11:45 AM..

Old 11-01-2007, 01:29 PM

2,835 posts, read 7,339,535 times
Fun site. My area got a 43. Gee almost average! I think what held my areas score down was that a pick up truck dealer wasn't within walking distance! lol thanks for sharing the site!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary