Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 PM

19,374 posts, read 27,608,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
I think a Trader Joe's would do really good in that area. I lived in Durham for years and would go to the location in Chapel Hill, because it wasn't that far from me (I lived near Southpoint). For people that live across town, off 85 or the Durham Freeway how many really travel out to Chapel Hill or Cary to go to Trader Joe's. I think it would make sense to put one in that area.
Hell, everyone in Brier Creek drives to the trader joesin Raleigh or Cary. Wake Forest residents drive to Raleigh. TJ's is a SPECIALITY store. If you live within a 30 minute drive, consider yourself lucky. And THAT is what I have been told is their parameter.

But I also admit that one of the reasons we stopped considering Mobile, Alabama for our relocation was because they lacked both trader Joe's AND Costco. That sounded like too much to bear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2013, 10:38 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,211,215 times
They could realistically build a Trader Joes in Between Durham and Chapel Hill I think one would do well in the 15-501 corridor. That would draw from Durham, Chapel Hill & The Univeristy and Carrboro as well. In fact the demographics in Chapel Hill and Carrboro would almost scream to build a TJ's there.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:43 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,899,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taynxtlvl View Post
They could realistically build a Trader Joes in Between Durham and Chapel Hill I think one would do well in the 15-501 corridor. That would draw from Durham, Chapel Hill & The Univeristy and Carrboro as well. In fact the demographics in Chapel Hill and Carrboro would almost scream to build a TJ's there.
Well, there is one there, at the Eastgate shopping center on 15-501 (as you suggest). It is at the northernmost side of CH/C so closer to Durham.

That said, the traffic on 15-501 is brutal; I try never to venture south of I-40 if I can help it. Would love to see a TJ's go in somewhere near Costco on the I-85 corridor, or in downtown (Markham/Broad corner would be too much to hope for!) but suspect that we're a ways away from getting one given proximity to CH.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:59 PM

1,907 posts, read 3,211,215 times
^ Ohh nice! Thx

Old 05-07-2013, 03:49 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,228,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by busydesk View Post
I never cease to be amazed at the connections folks on this board have!....I just heard the talk and wondered if anyone else had heard it. Honestly, with Whole Paycheck ( err, 'scuse me, Foods ;-) ) so close it seemed like a long shot to me as well.
Whole Foods and TJs in Chapel Hill are just around the block from each other — probably about 2/10th of a mile and they are both jam-packed on Saturdays. I think they are different enough that they don't compete that much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary