Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 07:10 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,428,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
You'll love Bonefish. I've been going to the Cary location since it opened, and have been frequenting the ones in FL (where Bonefish started) since 2001.

Which Outback did you go to? The Cary one has given me some issues recently, so I've been going to the Raleigh location, as well as out of state locations when I'm traveling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
We tried the Cary Outback and I got a small steak with shrimp.
I sent the steak back twice because it was overdone , dry, tasteless and looked more like
shoe leather than steak..The salad was good ...They took it off my bill after the second try..
I have never had that happen at the Raleigh Outback..
Our experience was at the Raleigh location on Creedmoor Rd. Haven't done a comparative test with the one on Capital Blvd. After that experience we decided we'd rather spend a little more to have a great glass of wine, a BLT salad, and a great dessert (mmm...creme brule cheesecake) and go to Firebird's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 09:02 AM

1,531 posts, read 1,545,659 times
I agree with the Tripp's recommendation. I went there on Sunday for the first time and ordered the 14 ounce New York Strip. It was absolutely delicious!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 AM

606 posts, read 903,657 times
I completely forgot Tripp's existed. I was looking for somewhere to go for my birthday dinner. I think we'll give it a shot!

Old 05-08-2013, 10:07 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
My favorite steak in this price range is Oxford House of Ribeye in Oxford, NC
But the drive from Raleigh makes it an occasional treat..

Old 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,838,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esqyankee View Post
To the OP, if you are looking for a great cut of meat for under $20, then the choice is clear. It's chicken-fried steak at Cracker Barrel. They only use tender, dry-aged, prime choice cuts. I've frequented some of finest steakhouses in the world, but CB offers up some truly mouth-watering stuff. Sure, some people will tell you that you need to spend the big bucks on some Japanese kobe beef, but I dare you to find a more delicious and satisfying experience than you'll get at Cracker Barrel! Bon appetit!
I'm not from the south and therefore, not a chicken fried steak fan. But this post is a joke, right? Don't flame me if I'm incorrect, just set me straight, please. I'm still learning to like grits, collard greens and hush puppies!

Old 05-08-2013, 11:30 AM

358 posts, read 621,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Our experience was at the Raleigh location on Creedmoor Rd. Haven't done a comparative test with the one on Capital Blvd. After that experience we decided we'd rather spend a little more to have a great glass of wine, a BLT salad, and a great dessert (mmm...creme brule cheesecake) and go to Firebird's.
The Outback on Creedmoor is better than the location on Capital Blvd, IMO.
Also, I agree with the Tripp's recommendations.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
I'm not from the south and therefore, not a chicken fried steak fan. But this post is a joke, right? Don't flame me if I'm incorrect, just set me straight, please. I'm still learning to like grits, collard greens and hush puppies!
It's got to be as Cracker Barrel doesn't use prime beef in anything.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:36 PM

101 posts, read 246,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post
Indeed, 'twas a joke.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
I actually thought the Outback recommendation was a joke, but I guess it's not.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
I actually thought the Outback recommendation was a joke, but I guess it's not.
To be fair, to a majority of the American populace, Outback is considered a perfectly good steakhouse, just like Bud and Coors are perfectly good beers, McDonald's is a perfectly good burger, etc. Hey they have ads on TV! They must be good! We're not immune from it - look at the Indy last year when Jersey Mike's was named the Triangle's Best Cheesesteak.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary