Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,852,214 times

Advertisements

It's the center that has Lowe's and Fitness 19 in it.

In the last year, they have had several of the stores close (Pizza Hut, Mitchells, Pink Yogurt ) on top of the vacancy from years ago (The Toy Chest). Then, I was surprised to find out that El Dorado also closed, due to the landlord raising their rent. I wasn't a regular of El Dorado's, but they were a busy restaurant, and it seems odd that the landlord would raise the rent with so many vacancies in the center. So now, it seems the only tenants are Lowes, Fitness 19, the dry cleaners, NY Bagel, and Thai Spices (which I really enjoy going to a few times a month, so I hope they don't close!).

If there wasn't so many new developments within 2 miles of this location, I would think that the landlord is getting ready to redevelop that corner. But that makes no sense, given that there is already too much retail space currently on the market in western Cary.

Anyone have any insight?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,813,180 times
No insight but an observation-
Ingress and egress from that location is awful. It is at a major corner in the epicenter of one of Cary's largest concentrations of wealth and I don't think people want to drive in and out of there. I don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary