Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2013, 05:11 AM

38 posts, read 69,374 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to get the perfect apartment/condo for rent in downtown Raleigh, and as soon as a posting is made about an available place, it's gone! The postings don't stay up for more than a day! Downtown must be a hot spot to live in Raleigh.

Still searching though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 04:16 PM

46 posts, read 79,133 times
Maybe because Critrix is moving their headquarters into downtown hiring hundreds of people. Another company called Redhat moved downtown and is hiring 500 people this year. There is also a New York company moving downtown with a couple hundred jobs following. As a result there is a 23 story apartment building (skyhouse) going up in front of woodys in city market. Next to that there is a 13 story office building going up between skyhouse and the PNC building. On the Charter square site there is going to be a 11 story office building going up. The parking deck by the redhat amphitheater there is apartments going to be built thats going to rap around the parking deck. The parking deck by progress energy performing arts is getting a 11 story hotel built next to it. In the glenwood south area there are more apartments going up across from 42nd st oyster bar. The best part about it all of this these projects are going to breakground this year! Downtown is booming!

Old 05-08-2013, 05:19 PM

397 posts, read 805,053 times
I noticed rents going up quite a bit.

I rented a condo in the West building for a year. Rents are going up $300-500 from what they were just over a year and a half ago for a really nice private owned Condo rental.

The market and economy are improving, and people are migrating downtown as the scene improves.

Old 05-08-2013, 09:51 PM

1,177 posts, read 2,339,877 times
where are you searching? i see quite a few on craigslist housing, search the condo names "west, glenwood, pnc, paramount, etc"

raleigh / durham / CH apts/housing for rent classifieds - craigslist

Old 05-09-2013, 08:07 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,227,149 times
Check out the new development at 927westmorgan a huge development going up the first units should be up for grabs right about now. Downtown needs more day/night businesses and when that happens I'll consider moving downtown myself. All these developments were put on ICE when the recession hit in 08. Nice to see they are slated to be revived.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:45 PM

Thank you guys so much for the info!

Old 05-09-2013, 08:57 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
927 West Morgan - basically halfway between downtown and NC State, maybe 1/2 mile to each - is finishing soon, and when I was by there on Friday appeared to have a leasing office. But online it makes it sounds as if places are available "now", but I'd guess .... towards the mid-end of June at the earliest. BUt working fast and furious they are!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleighman View Post
Maybe because Critrix is moving their headquarters into downtown hiring hundreds of people. Another company called Redhat moved downtown and is hiring 500 people this year. There is also a New York company moving downtown with a couple hundred jobs following. As a result there is a 23 story apartment building (skyhouse) going up in front of woodys in city market. Next to that there is a 13 story office building going up between skyhouse and the PNC building. On the Charter square site there is going to be a 11 story office building going up. The parking deck by the redhat amphitheater there is apartments going to be built thats going to rap around the parking deck. The parking deck by progress energy performing arts is getting a 11 story hotel built next to it. In the glenwood south area there are more apartments going up across from 42nd st oyster bar. The best part about it all of this these projects are going to breakground this year! Downtown is booming!
Thanks so much for this info. I thought it was crazy how the cost of apartments went up from what I saw a year ago but this bit of info makes sense. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
927 West Morgan - basically halfway between downtown and NC State, maybe 1/2 mile to each - is finishing soon, and when I was by there on Friday appeared to have a leasing office. But online it makes it sounds as if places are available "now", but I'd guess .... towards the mid-end of June at the earliest. BUt working fast and furious they are!
927 West Morgan was one of them I was looking at. I thought it peculiar how they didn't have any real photos of the units on their websites. They do make it seem as if the place is ready for moving in. Thanks for confirming it isn't ready yet.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:05 AM

927 West Morgan had their first move in today...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary