Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 AM

110 posts, read 168,265 times

Advertisements

My husband is already in North Raleigh and is looking for a home for the rest of us towards the end of the summer (before school starts). We were originally looking in Cary because we thought he needed to be near RDU. Turns out the airport he will be flying out of will be changing to Forestville. That is a little too country for this city girl. Wake Forest area seems to be right up our alley. Right between the airports. There are so many builders there to choose from as well. He found a new estate called Hampton Point in Rolesville built by Keystone builders. Does anyone have any opinion on Keystone? Are they good? Or do they cut corners and just take care of the minimum standards?? We want our house forever... not just until it starts falling apart. There are so many builders down here in FL that cut corners and the hurricanes destroyed so many brand new houses. Even though there may not be hurricanes, there are North Carolina storms that can get pretty rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2007, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 5,362 times
Smile A Few Good Words

Saw that you posted back in March. Wish I would have found you earlier. We are set to close on the purchase of a new home in Hampton Pointe shortly from the time of this post. We have been in Raleigh, NC for about 9 months now. We have followed every step of the construction process for our home. I have take numerous photos of every stage from the clearing of the lot to the painting to the installation of lighting fixtures. I will say that when we have had any concerns, they have been addressed quickly and to our satisfaction. We were very impressed with the options and upgrades that were available. There were many things that were standard features (when we contracted) that many other builders charge enormous fees for. The lot sizes are adequate and the prices were very affordable for us. I do know that there are still a number of lots available and the floorplan choices are varied. If you want to know more, just ask via a post.

Old 04-05-2007, 03:07 PM

237 posts, read 915,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighToRolesville View Post
Saw that you posted back in March. Wish I would have found you earlier. We are set to close on the purchase of a new home in Hampton Pointe shortly from the time of this post. We have been in Raleigh, NC for about 9 months now. We have followed every step of the construction process for our home. I have take numerous photos of every stage from the clearing of the lot to the painting to the installation of lighting fixtures. I will say that when we have had any concerns, they have been addressed quickly and to our satisfaction. We were very impressed with the options and upgrades that were available. There were many things that were standard features (when we contracted) that many other builders charge enormous fees for. The lot sizes are adequate and the prices were very affordable for us. I do know that there are still a number of lots available and the floorplan choices are varied. If you want to know more, just ask via a post.
What size lot did you get. When i looked ther the lots were small .25. ill be damned if i move to NC and get a big 2500 sqft home on a .25 lot. Personally i think that looks dumb I am buying the same size new house in clayton with 2 acres for the same price and there was not even have a community pool at hampton point or oak park and if you even have room to put one in ,there goes your yard. Good Luck . On the plus side if you do decide you want a nice size yard 1 acre plus the house you bought will go up nice after its built." BUY Land last i heard GOD an't making any more of it"

Old 04-05-2007, 03:09 PM

129 posts, read 566,117 times
My sister just completed her home in the last 6 months by Keystone Builders in Greenville, SC. She has had no complaints except upgrading fixtures. She said they did not do but specific ones so she has a mix...she doesn't care for that. ie: lights, but not doorknobs.

If you by chance pick the home with approx. 3000 sq with the staircase off the back of the den a thing for you to consider....the walk from downstairs to the master bdr. She says it is her only drawback. She wishes it were the playroom or kids having to walk the distance. We have the almost identical home, but our master is at the top of the stairs. Just a tidbit of information.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:20 PM

110 posts, read 168,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bull136 View Post
What size lot did you get. When i looked ther the lots were small .25. ill be damned if i move to NC and get a big 2500 sqft home on a .25 lot. Personally i think that looks dumb I am buying the same size new house in clayton with 2 acres for the same price and there was not even have a community pool at hampton point or oak park and if you even have room to put one in ,there goes your yard. Good Luck . On the plus side if you do decide you want a nice size yard 1 acre plus the house you bought will go up nice after its built." BUY Land last i heard GOD an't making any more of it"
Funny.... the smallest lot available at hampton Pointe is .259 acres... the largest is almost a full acre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary