Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:12 AM

311 posts, read 887,455 times

Advertisements

I am not a dog owner and certainly not a fan of irresponsible owners, but this is ridiculous!

Raleigh considering pet ban in areas of parks, greenways :: WRAL.com

There are rules about keeping your dog on a leash and cleaning up their waste. It is absolutely insane to ban all the dog owners from enjoying a trip down the greenway or to the park just because of a few irresponsible people. I'd rather them put some energy into enforcement, education and more pet waste/trash bins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Read the article, it is not talking about banning dogs from parks and greenways. There is absolutely ZERO mention of greenways (other than the name of the committee), and the refererence to parks is

Quote:
The City of Raleigh said Thursday that it's considering banning dogs and other pets from certain areas in the city's parks.
I do agree with you that they just need to enforce current laws, and this would be moot. I also agree that it WOULD BE rediculous to ban dogs from parks and/or greenways, but the article you referenced is not suggesting that is on the table. (as far as I can tell)

Old 05-16-2013, 09:18 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,095,387 times
We dont need anymore tax payer money wasted on hiring people for poop enforcement or "education"! People know the laws, they just choose not to follow them.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamishra View Post
We dont need anymore tax payer money wasted on hiring people for poop enforcement or "education"! People know the laws, they just choose not to follow them.
Hire some extra park "police" and fine the inconsiderate jerks.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:26 AM

554 posts, read 1,154,093 times
As a responsible dog owner, I read your post with initial alarm. However, the article does not mention greenways as part of the potential ban. It focuses on playground and open fields. Since I also have children and hate finding poops on the playground, I actually understand this proposed ban. I agree that current laws should be enforced though, meaning KEEP DOGS ON LEASH and pick up after them.

If the proposed ban actually does include greenways ......

Old 05-16-2013, 09:29 AM

311 posts, read 887,455 times
Yes, so honestly I don't want any money spent on this campaign (I don't live in Raleigh's limits so it isn't my tax $). Stupid/irresponsible people will continue doing whatever they want no matter what a sign says. I am annoyed that there even has to be a consideration to ban "man's best friend" just because of a few bad apples.

The area's parks are one of our favorite things about living here - I don't want to see 10,000 regulations pop up to curb just enjoying being outside, as there are enough already. It's already bad enough that I can't take my toddler's tricycle into downtown Wake Forest (for real).

Old 05-16-2013, 09:45 AM

4,477 posts, read 11,613,953 times
They just need to enforce leash laws.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules_NC View Post
Yes, so honestly I don't want any money spent on this campaign (I don't live in Raleigh's limits so it isn't my tax $). Stupid/irresponsible people will continue doing whatever they want no matter what a sign says. I am annoyed that there even has to be a consideration to ban "man's best friend" just because of a few bad apples.

The area's parks are one of our favorite things about living here - I don't want to see 10,000 regulations pop up to curb just enjoying being outside, as there are enough already. It's already bad enough that I can't take my toddler's tricycle into downtown Wake Forest (for real).
Clearly still haven't read the article. They are not talking about banning dogs in parks (or on greenways).

And nothing says "responsible parent" like letting your toddler ride their tricycle in Downtown anywhere. (for real).

Sorry, I usually try to keep my posts positive (or happily sarcastic), but I don't understand why you are claiming something that is not supported with your link. There is no evidence that they are considering dogs from parks or greenways, it's very misleading.

I was initially very upset to read this initiative, and relieved to find out it was not true. (I guess the reason I'm still typing: Because you are just pulling emotional strings here. What's the point?)

Old 05-16-2013, 09:58 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,149,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlnc07 View Post
They just need to enforce leash laws.
Yup. Have a stiff fine to pay for the enforcement and kill two birds with one stone.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:08 AM

606 posts, read 903,050 times
Don't worry about it. As soon as the General Assembly finds out about this, they will pass a law forbidding Raleigh to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary