Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:49 AM

7 posts, read 17,599 times

Advertisements

Thank you! I was not looking for a debate, and anyone who actuallyREADS the Bible for themselves, not what someone tells you, will know there is absolutely NO scripture that says God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are one. God also does not curse peopke. The trinity is completely unscriptural. Non trinitarians believe Jesus is Lord. Do some research! Id be happy to guide you to some great research , but it does not belong here. Also, if you have scriptures backing up what you are saying id love to see them! Send me a message!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 06:25 AM

1,508 posts, read 2,977,206 times
Many of the non-Trinitarian denominations consider themselves throwbacks to the first century, getting back to the "true church" so to speak. They can be more fundamentalist than mainstream churches.

The Christadelphians or Swedenborg based congregations are more re-interpretive and encouraging of your personal spiritual journey. I've known people who were comfortable going to the Unity (not to be confused with Unitarian) Church since it focuses on prayer and allowes for some quiet dissent, since people can all pray or meditate differently.

Old 12-24-2013, 09:19 AM

22 posts, read 70,809 times
How about liberal quakers? They tend to reject a lot of the religious symbolism and are a very progressive and welcoming bunch.

"Liberal Friends highlight the importance of good works, particularly living a life that upholds the virtues preached by Jesus. They often emphasize pacifism, treating others equally, living simply and telling the truth Like Conservatives Friends, Liberal Friends reject religious symbolism and sacraments, such as water baptism and the Eucharist. While Liberal Friends recognize the potential of these outward forms for awakening experiences of the Inward Light of Christ, they are not part of their worship, and are unnecessary to authentic Christian spirituality."

Old 12-24-2013, 09:57 AM

1,950 posts, read 3,525,630 times
It was 10 years ago, but I enjoyed attending the UU in Raleigh. They had science and philosophy lectures done by local professors every Sunday morning for a while. It was a nice community.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:48 AM

1 posts, read 2,491 times
Default Parents looking for Christadelphian gathering in Triangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharingmythoughts View Post
Been looking for a Christadelphian group but to no avail. Nearest is in Virginia. They have a wonderful bible study program though. Recently received materials on it myself. Would love to get together with like minded folks if interested.
Hi there, my parents are considering moving to NC but are concerned about finding a church, as they identify as Christadelphians.

Are you still looking to connect with other Christadelphians? My parents thought they'd like to organize a home-based meeting if they did move to the Triangle.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:35 PM

2 posts, read 3,254 times
My husband and are are seriously considering moving to the Raleigh-Chapel Hill etc. area. We are Christians who believe God and Jesus are separate entities, and that Jesus is the anointed son of God and the future ruler of God's Kingdom on earth, when he returns. We do not believe the Bible teaches that God exists in a trinity, or that there is a hell where sinners go to be eternally punished, or that the soul goes to heaven after death.

Let us know if you want to communicate, we are very much interested in getting together with other believers like yourselves.

Pam

Old 01-10-2014, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 2,402 times
Hello Jess1706.

I would be interested in a bible study group as I have similar beliefs as those you shared in your post.
Thanks

Old 03-22-2014, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,283 times
What about in Albuquerque NM? Are there any Non- Trinitarian churches there?

Old 03-22-2014, 01:27 PM

13,368 posts, read 27,015,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleeflee View Post
What about in Albuquerque NM? Are there any Non- Trinitarian churches there?
Ask that question in the New Mexico forum.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 AM

7 posts, read 17,599 times
Anyone interested in starting a Bible study group or home church meeting please email me at Mark.twelve29@gmail.com with any ideas! We'd love to plan a meet-up, get some ideas going & just have some good like minded fellowship!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary