Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 PM

1 posts, read 3,352 times

Advertisements

Can anyone do comparative analysis between the new subdivisions in for around 200k range for single family houses? It seems all the new houses in 200k range are in North-East Raleigh with 27616 zip code.
1. Highland Creek by Centex/Pulte, 27616 zip: Great amenities, pool, fitness center, soccer field etc., 1,000 houses of large subdivision which should hold its value, builder is now selling lower priced houses starting at around 190k, but drive on Louisburg Road can get congested, but I heard Louisburg is getting extended. Can anyone comment on
a) Can anyone comment on the plan of Louisburg road getting extended.
b) Can anyone comment on the Rolesville school that this subdivision is assigned to:
year round elementary - Harris Creek, River Bend in Rolesville
traditional elementary - Rolesville
Middle school - Rolesville
high school - wake forst rolesville, east millbrook, wakefield, heritage, wake field

2. Massey Preserve by Baezer, 27616 zip: Nice swimming pool, not as many amenities as Highland Creek, but closer to I540, price is a shade cheaper (say 180k) than that of Highland Creek, subdivision will have about 350 houses, schools are still Rolesville school.

3. Bryson Village by D.R. Horton, 27616 zip: Similar to massey preserve in amenities and price with swimming pool, closest to 540.

4. Stonecroft by Mungo, 27616 zip: Price is 150k to 180k, has swimming pool, inside 540 belt, lower price range than the 3 previous subdivisions.

Any suggestion on:
1. Which one of the 4 subdivision may have higher potential of appreciation, or ability/appeal to sell say in another 10-15 years?
2. If I have to rent it out, which one of the above subdivisions may do better.
3. Any other new subdivision in 180k - 200k price range with good school system that you can suggest which can appreciate, or be saleable in the next 10-15 years, or be rentable, if I have to move?
4. My goal is to be able to sell (if I have to) and be able to rent (if I have to). I do not wish to buy a house in a zip code, or in a part of the town which is hard to sell at this time, without speculating the future.
5. I prefer not to go deep into Wake Forest, Zebulon, Knightdale etc. to reduce commute to RTP. I understand Fuquay is building many new houses in less than 200k range, but commute to Raleigh and RTP from Fuquay is harder than that from N-E Raleigh.
7. Cary, Morrisville, Apex are beyond my reach. Although Apex Village is building some houses by HH Hunt but those houses have 0.6 acre and 6 feet distance between 2 houses.
7. Any other new subdivision in Wake County that would suggest in 200k range with decent school system with swimming ppol type amenities with relatively good number of houses being planned in the subdivision?

Question on Heddingham : I saw this 2,500 house beautiful gold course neighborhood, smaller houses, about 15-20 years old, but they cannot sell for any higher than 150k? Any reason why? I will not buy 20 year house, but I would home that houses in golf course will sell. There are many houses on market in that subdivision.

I also saw 3 other subdivisions in 27616, which are not in my choice:

a). Belmont: Nice, but out of my price range, as it starts with 210k or so.

b) Ivy Hall: Nice ranch house, but ranch will cost more for obvious reason, but may have appeal

c) Brandemere by KB is priced at 180k but has no swimming pool.

d) Renaissance Park is a nice subdivision, but priced at higher than 230k (which is doable), but I have reservation about the assigned schools, without taking the proximity to magnet schools into consideration.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 02:20 PM

19 posts, read 40,466 times
Exactly in same situation as you.. did you get any responses or any feedback about highland creek ? We are seriously considering moving into it now that 401 expansion is sanctioned till Rolesville.
Befriended you - thanks in advance for any inputs.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:52 PM

21 posts, read 32,112 times
Timetravel could not have said it better. Im looking to relocate and are looking in the same exact areas as you. I only have the information you already posted. Im looking for guidance myself. My big thing is that it so hard to find out which communities have lots of children. I have 4 kids and want there to be kids in the neighborhood we finally land in. Realtors are not able to say that.
Highland Creek, Massey Preserve, Braefield are a few of the communities we're looking in.

Old 08-29-2013, 12:10 PM

We are moving to Highland Creek. Spoke to a few locals there and drove thru the community several times. Lots of families with kids. Best thing would probably be drive there on a weekend and go by the pool or play areas and talk to families with kids.

Old 09-02-2013, 08:33 PM

21 posts, read 32,112 times
If either timetravel or ncforester would like to email me, my email is jillbrown52@yahoo.com
I'm new to this forum thing and the email is a lot easier to respond.
I'd really appreciate that, thanks!!!

Old 09-03-2013, 07:02 AM

13,371 posts, read 27,039,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4boys View Post
If either timetravel or ncforester would like to email me, my email is ....
It's not wise to put the e-mail out in public. Do a Direct Message to those posters with your e-mail in the DM. To DM, put the cursor on the poster's name and left-click. Select from the drop-down options.....

Old 09-03-2013, 09:36 AM

1,907 posts, read 3,228,788 times
I really like Highland Creek and Massey Preserve also up into Rolesville proper the Granite Falls community but I'm not sure of the price point there. Honestly probably the best bang for the buck in Wake County right now. As land is still a plenty going out that way Mitchell Mill, Forestville Rd and adjoining Wake County. Close to lots of amenities, and the schools are good.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4boys View Post
If either timetravel or ncforester would like to email me, my email is jillbrown52@yahoo.com
I'd really appreciate that, thanks!!!
I befriended you .. send me a pm and hopefully I can be of help..

Old 09-05-2013, 10:44 AM

68 posts, read 134,134 times
We live near Massey Preserve, and it seems like a good neighborhood to be in now. However, I would think moving up Forestville Road towards Wake Forest may be a even better move. You may want to take a look at the neighborhoods in Forestville Farms, especially The Landings. It is a walkable neighborhood; and you could walk your children to Harris Creek Elementary.

Our children attend Harris Creek, as it is probably the most highly desired elementary school in northeast Raleigh. The PTA is very active. However, the one down side, if you can call it that, is that Harris Creek is growing by leaps and bounds now. So, overcrowding is an issue there.

We have not experienced any crime here. The only complaint we have is that the morning commute down Louisburg and Capital is hectic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary