U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 04:57 PM

15 posts, read 20,120 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Highland Creek, Raleigh and I'm searching for a neighborhood Yahoo group or email list. Anyone know of one? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 07:52 PM

3,743 posts, read 12,878,218 times
I'd start at nextdoor.com and search for the neighborhood.

Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM

459 posts, read 995,223 times
We live in Highland Creek and there isn't a yahoo group or email list, per se, that we have access to. Danny, the Lifestyle Coordinator, has an email list that he uses to send weekly updates and calendar information. If you need to get something out to the neighborhood you can contact him and he will blast it out for you.

If you have any questions feel free to PM. Welcome to the neighborhood!

Old 05-17-2013, 02:40 PM

19 posts, read 38,775 times
Folks - we are seriously considering moving into Highland Creek - and appreciate any feedback on the community in general and any thoughts on -
1. kid and family friendliness (not just pools and playground - but how safe is the locality for a single moms and kids)
2. commute to RTP and Cary - what's a typical day travel like
3. nearby conveniences. I know the mall is close by - but where do you typically go for a quick grocery errand ? how good or bad is the strip mall across 401?
4. elementary schools - what is the assigned elementary for this community? how are the scores ?
5. Overall safety of locality
6. community diversity

Thanks all !

Old 05-17-2013, 02:53 PM

12,475 posts, read 30,872,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Forester View Post
Folks - we are seriously considering moving into Highland Creek - and appreciate any feedback on the community in general and any thoughts on -
1. kid and family friendliness (not just pools and playground - but how safe is the locality for a single moms and kids)
3. nearby conveniences. I know the mall is close by - but where do you typically go for a quick grocery errand ? how good or bad is the strip mall across 401?
4. elementary schools - what is the assigned elementary for this community? how are the scores ?
6. community diversity

Thanks all !
I don't live in Highland Creek but I have clients that do live there. Some of the questions you have asked can be answered by your Realtor. As for the schools, you can look that up on the Wake County Public School website.

Have you tried walking around the neighborhood and speaking with the neighbors? I have clients that have done that in the past.

Vicki

Old 05-17-2013, 03:23 PM

459 posts, read 995,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Forester View Post
6. community diversity

Thanks all !
1.) Lots of kids and families. No issues with safety concerns.
2.) I commute to RTP but I have flexible start times. It is 23 miles from door to door and I get there in 25-30 minutes most of the time taking 540 the whole way.
3.) The Lowes across the street is convenient for quick grocery, but by Triangle Town Mall you have both a Super Target and a Super Walmart so you can take your pick. Harris Teeter is less then 10 minutes away near Heritage if you were that way.
4.) We do not have kids so you would have to have your realtor look that up for you.
5.) Lots of friendly people. No safety issues at all.
6.) Very diverse community

Old 05-17-2013, 05:15 PM

15 posts, read 20,120 times
We did some research and heard nothing but good things about Highland Creek. My husband works in RTP feels the commute will be fine (he has co-workers who also live in the area). We’re excited.

Old 08-30-2013, 01:51 PM

21 posts, read 29,663 times
I'm also looking to relocate to Highland Creek community of Phx, Az. I have kids in elementary, middle, and high school so any information on the schools would be helpful. I'm really looking for a neighborhoods where there are kids and they play outside together. the neighborhoods here in phx are horrible and not friendly.....everyone stays inside.
Are there different subdivisions within Highland Creek?

Old 08-30-2013, 02:01 PM

21 posts, read 29,663 times
NCForester....did you make the move???

Old 08-31-2013, 03:21 AM

41 posts, read 86,262 times
As part-timers we have owned our townhouse in Highland Creek for 5 years, and have seen the pros/cons of the
Centex / Pulte merger.
We use the Lowe's food store close by, but have been disappointed in the lack of other new retail openings in the
strip mall here. Big Al's BBQ did open up within this last year which has been a good addition for restaurant
opportunities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary