Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:03 PM

4 posts, read 9,885 times

Advertisements

I'm not an agent. If you have enough time on your hands to forward my posts to KB Homes, perhaps you should consider taking up a hobby or volunteering somewhere. Something more productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 01:10 PM

3 posts, read 6,691 times
I have to agree with LTL, it seems that there is some resentment from people who tried to buy a KBHome and couldn't. Twin Lakes is so pretty - the houses are so nice and the colors of the homes compliment each other beautifully. KB also includes many nice options (they call them Martha Stewart Living Options) in the price of the home. For example, the stamped concrete driveways are so charming, and the interior columns really make a difference in the open floor plans. There are walking paths everywhere, and there are always children outside playing. One of the best features of the community is the pool and clubhouse.
While LTL was a little heated, it seems that he had some valid points.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:41 PM

2,036 posts, read 4,394,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinaday View Post
I have to agree with LTL, it seems that there is some resentment from people who tried to buy a KBHome and couldn't. Twin Lakes is so pretty - the houses are so nice and the colors of the homes compliment each other beautifully. KB also includes many nice options (they call them Martha Stewart Living Options) in the price of the home. For example, the stamped concrete driveways are so charming, and the interior columns really make a difference in the open floor plans. There are walking paths everywhere, and there are always children outside playing. One of the best features of the community is the pool and clubhouse.
LMFAO!

Twin Lakes is a poor excuse for a development, IMO. People are not trying to get in and can't. They are more like us. We showed up to check it out as a possible purchase and ran away as fast as possible.

Old 03-16-2009, 03:46 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Oh come on!! I'd be willing to bet some serious money that both you and LTL are sales agents for Twin Lakes. The above post sounds like an informercial!!

As far as jealousy about Twin Lakes - lol......I think not my friend! I could have purchased ANY house in that neighborhood but opted for a nicer neighborhood in Cary. Didn't like the development, didn't like the airplane noise. I will admit that I liked the stamped concrete driveways...the one redeeming feature.

Old 03-16-2009, 05:18 PM

820 posts, read 2,787,022 times
Twin Lakes is not horrible by any stretch but it isn't worth all of the hype devoted to it either. I think that is pretty evident by the price decreases that happened BEFORE the housing slump really hit the triangle area.

As stated in a couple of other threads, the main drawback to Twin Lakes for me are:

1. Air traffic noise.
2. Small lots.
3. Two lane roads in the vicinity of the neighborhood (ever traveled on 54 in rush hour?).

These were enough to make it not an option for my family. For the record, we purchased a home at a price that would have easily gotten us into one of the larger floor plans there or Wynbrooke so it's not jealousy on my part. I actually visited the neighborhood 2 or 3 times thinking it would be either a good buy for my family or a good buy as an investment. It turned out to be neither.

I'm not saying the neighborhood is terrible, I CAN see that there would be a large number of families happy with their purchase but I think it's a misnomer to believe that all or even most of the home owners are happy. I've seen plenty of homes for resale there and personally know of at least one investor who got bitten by the price decreases they've been making for 2 years now. For what it's worth, I really liked the interiors and floorplans of the majority of the homes; I just couldn't get past the other issues with the development.

About the accusation of being an onsite agent or Realtor for the development, maybe some of the comments are a little harsh but you've got to understand what it looks like. You've been unwilling to recognize any fault with a development that most find at least some problems with. You also mentioned their VIP lists etc. which is a lot of marketing hype in my experience. Now, I am not accusing you of anything, it's not my place, I just think I understand where some of the responders are coming from.

Last edited by tlh1005; 03-16-2009 at 05:26 PM..

Old 03-16-2009, 06:12 PM

1,112 posts, read 2,863,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlton Dude View Post
LMFAO!

Twin Lakes is a poor excuse for a development, IMO. People are not trying to get in and can't. They are more like us. We showed up to check it out as a possible purchase and ran away as fast as possible.

Charlton Dude is spot on not every day I agree 100% with his view but definately on this

Old 03-20-2009, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Oh come on!! I'd be willing to bet some serious money that both you and LTL are sales agents for Twin Lakes. The above post sounds like an informercial!!

As far as jealousy about Twin Lakes - lol......I think not my friend! I could have purchased ANY house in that neighborhood but opted for a nicer neighborhood in Cary. Didn't like the development, didn't like the airplane noise. I will admit that I liked the stamped concrete driveways...the one redeeming feature.

Not an agent. No reason to lie. Won't tell you again.
I live here. I'm raising my family here. I love my home, my neighborhood, my neighbors. It's awesome living here. I take offense to you bashing where I live, where I'm raising my kids. What we worked hard to achieve.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlh1005 View Post
Twin Lakes is not horrible by any stretch but it isn't worth all of the hype devoted to it either. I think that is pretty evident by the price decreases that happened BEFORE the housing slump really hit the triangle area.

As stated in a couple of other threads, the main drawback to Twin Lakes for me are:

1. Air traffic noise.
2. Small lots.
3. Two lane roads in the vicinity of the neighborhood (ever traveled on 54 in rush hour?).

These were enough to make it not an option for my family. For the record, we purchased a home at a price that would have easily gotten us into one of the larger floor plans there or Wynbrooke so it's not jealousy on my part. I actually visited the neighborhood 2 or 3 times thinking it would be either a good buy for my family or a good buy as an investment. It turned out to be neither.

I'm not saying the neighborhood is terrible, I CAN see that there would be a large number of families happy with their purchase but I think it's a misnomer to believe that all or even most of the home owners are happy. I've seen plenty of homes for resale there and personally know of at least one investor who got bitten by the price decreases they've been making for 2 years now. For what it's worth, I really liked the interiors and floorplans of the majority of the homes; I just couldn't get past the other issues with the development.

About the accusation of being an onsite agent or Realtor for the development, maybe some of the comments are a little harsh but you've got to understand what it looks like. You've been unwilling to recognize any fault with a development that most find at least some problems with. You also mentioned their VIP lists etc. which is a lot of marketing hype in my experience. Now, I am not accusing you of anything, it's not my place, I just think I understand where some of the responders are coming from.
Yes, homes are for sale. Just like in every neighborhood in Cary, and the US. But that is not necessarily a sign that people don't like it here. I live here. People like it. It's that simple.

Old 03-20-2009, 02:00 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Quote:
Not an agent. No reason to lie. Won't tell you again.
I live here. I'm raising my family here. I love my home, my neighborhood, my neighbors. It's awesome living here. I take offense to you bashing where I live, where I'm raising my kids. What we worked hard to achieve.
Fair enough - and I really am glad that you love where you live. If you read my post carefully, you would see that I wasn't bashing your development at all. Rather, I mentioned that I didn't care for the neighborhood in general or the airplane noise. It was the other poster (LTL) that did the bashing - accusing people who made any negative comment of being jealous that couldn't afford to live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary