U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:16 AM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 139,179 times

Advertisements

Hi just hoping to hear any feedback on this new community. I appreciate any info! Thanks and have a great day.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2006, 11:30 AM

2,834 posts, read 11,459,104 times
Hi!

there was just a thread on this,
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...ght=twin+lakes

You can either try my link or search for twin lakes.

there were at least 13 responses from what I remember. Let me know if you have more questions, I have taken a few clients out there and looked at the models, and have the floor plans, etc

Leigh

Old 10-10-2006, 12:27 PM
anj anj started this thread

41 posts, read 139,179 times
Thank you Leigh. The reason I asked is because my husband and I did just return home from Cary and we put a deposit on a Home in the twin lake community. We are contingent based on the closing on our home her on LI. For anyone interested, we looked at alot of communities.. Burkhurst West, Blackstone at Amberly, Cameron Pond, Stonecrest, Greystone, Kilarney point,and Weldon ridge. Every model was decked out with lovely but often costly options in all communities. Most of the above named only had a few homes left with upgrades already in. The homes were much more $ than I was hoping for. However you can definetely negotiate an inventory home if it suits you. The ones left tended to be on very small lots and costly. I was very happy with our choice at twin lakes. We chose the 3103 model and a nice corner lot on a cul-de-sac. I found several areas in the community that had different elevations which helped with the closeness to your neighbor. There is a beach vollyball quart, pool with clubhouse, tennis court and proposed walking trails. There is a proposed town of Cary Park to be developed next to the community. There were some lots that were 1/3 of an acre but taken quicly. There are some lots next to open areas that would also be appealing. The schools..very good. Ther are quite few high end communities in this section..Preston, and Carramore. The Stone creek village shopping area nearby which is still in progress looks to be stunning. I stopped and spoke with many residents in the area and everyone seeemed friendly and happy to be living there. Very family-oriented. If I could state a negative it would be the overhead noise of the airport. Overall I felt we found a great desirable location with great schools for a reasonable price for Cary.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:51 PM

11 posts, read 42,939 times
I don't have any information on it. Earlier this week I requested the floor plans for the 3103 through 4070.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:59 PM

2,834 posts, read 11,459,104 times
I thought the community was nice, and you will be lucky to get in on the beginning of it rather than the tail end. It is in a convenient location, great schools, etc. Yes, the airport noise is bothersome, but from all of my friends who live in that area (good friends live in kitts creek) they just don't seem to notice it as much any longer, and certainly don't hear it in the homes. I have a feeling that twin lakes will be a walk outside hang out with your neighbors type of place. I am sure you guys will have a great time!

Hopefully, your house in LI will sell quickly!

Leigh

Old 10-10-2006, 01:11 PM

12,453 posts, read 30,319,439 times
Took some clients out to Twin Creeks this past Monday. The townhouses are really moving slowly and the builder is offering incentives to the tune of about $18,000 PLUS giving buyers $10,000 to Room to Go. I also heard the houses have incentives. The onsite sales person said they range from about $10,000 to $30,000. I have a feeling when spring rolls around, Twin Lakes is going to really take off but right now, sales are moving slowly out there. Vicki

Old 10-10-2006, 01:20 PM

229 posts, read 1,009,372 times
I posted the following details about Twin Lakes on my blog when it opened. This neighborhood is conveniently located next to Research Triangle Park and there are several model homes available for viewing.

Blog info:
People who follow Martha Stewart's lead on decorating, cooking, gardening and entertaining now have a new option -- with four walls and a roof.

KB Home, one of the nation's largest home builders, created a joint venture with Martha Stewart for a line of houses carrying her name that KB Homes has built and marketed. KB began selling the Martha Stewart designed homes in early 2006 in a development called Twin Lakes in Cary, N.C., a fast-growing, middle-market suburb of Raleigh.

KB Home's Katonah house is inspired by her own house in Bedford, N.Y. (above). Katonah will have up to six bedrooms and four baths.

KB Home and Martha Stewart Living initially plan to build 650 houses, which will come in many different variations. The homes, which KB says are "inspired" by three of Ms. Stewart's own houses in New York and Maine, have names such as "Katonah" and "Lily Pond."

The houses are meant to evoke the bucolic splendor of prosperous suburbia, though Ms. Stewart's homes typically sit on huge tracts of land and are worth millions of dollars. Still, one version of a "Martha" KB home has an exterior that resembles the outside of Ms. Stewart's Bedford, N.Y., estate, and it comes with up to six bedrooms and a third floor, which is common in older, affluent communities on the East Coast. Other design characteristics include high ceilings and particularly large laundry rooms and closets.

Unlike most KB Homes, which are typically one- or two-story structures with simple features, the "Martha" homes have as many as 4,100 square feet, offer high-end features and range in price from just over $200,000 to about $450,000. Most standard KB homes in Cary cost quite a bit less.

Ms. Stewart's houses have played a leading role in many of her projects. A line of furniture is modeled after the decor at Turkey Hill, her restored 1805 Colonial in Westport, Conn. A new color in her signature paints line is called Bedford Gray, after the 153-acre suburban New York estate she purchased for $15 million in 2000. (She lived at the Bedford spread during five months of house arrest following her stint in prison last winter.) Photo shoots for her five magazines are sometimes staged at her other properties, which include a 12-bedroom summer home in Seal Harbor, Maine, known as Skylands.

Despite fast growth, mass marketing is relatively new in the home-building industry. But KB has taken branding and marketing a step further than most other builders. A few years ago, it worked with the "Live With Regis and Kelly" show to give away a house valued at up to $250,000. It gave away another house on ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." "Marketing is definitely their strong suit," says Greg Gieber, an analyst at A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc.

So it was a fortuitous encounter last July when the queen of homemaking was introduced to KB Chief Executive Bruce Karatz and took a tour of a KB new-home development in Raleigh. Ms. Stewart made some "smart comments" about design changes to improve the homes' function, Mr. Karatz says. For example, she marked up several sets of blueprints with suggestions for traffic flow, air conditioning and even the best place to locate a cutting block in the kitchen..

In addition to getting a chance to branch into a lucrative new business, Martha Stewart Living hopes to use the partnership to boost sales of its furnishings and household products. The model homes will be stocked with Ms. Stewart's products -- everything from dish towels to sofas -- and buyers will be able to buy extras such as Martha Stewart-endorsed faucets for the kitchen sink and flower pots for the front porch.

Martha Stewart’s partnership with KB Home attracted 3,400 interested consumers during its opening weekend and sold out its first 100-home phase in Cary, N.C., within a week. If you would like further information on availability of KB Homes at Twin Lakes please feel free to send me an PM.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:02 PM
JRS

12 posts, read 60,557 times
Default checking out twin lakes this weekend

Hi!
I am glad to hear you liked it so much - we have an appt set up with them this weekend and we are very excited.
Your feedback was great - our biggest concern is the airplane noise overhead. That would definitely be a dealbreaker for us.

Jessica

Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 PM

There is airplane noise in Morrisville. However, Morrisville is on the landing side and not the takeoff side so it's not that bad. Most people that live in the area say they get used to it and never really hear it.

Old 10-10-2006, 07:42 PM

By the way, when you are there, make sure you ask them for the flight decible maps for the airport noise. They should have them. If they don't send me a PM and I'll send you a link.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary