Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:51 PM

21 posts, read 35,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
I definitely recommend switching to openDNS (mentioned earlier in the thread) - I've had no outage issues since shortly after I did.
This particular issue isn't with DNS.

The connection completely goes out, modem lights continuously reset and such.

Happened again at 11am this morning... I'd say about 22-23 hours a day it is rock solid, and never an issue after the middle of the afternoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 12:40 PM

There we go again, dead internet for 90 minutes. Now it'll be rock solid for another 23 or so hours before it all happens again. Guess I'll finally moan to them about it and see what happens... How could it be so perfectly timed like this for 2 months in the ~11am to ~3pm window?

Old 07-30-2013, 02:00 PM

9,196 posts, read 24,938,023 times
Last fall we had a similar kind of problem with our TWC cable in the evenings. It wasn't every day, but many days that was when we had problems (such as little to no TV signal). During the day things were always fine. We had techs in - during the day of course - and they couldn't find anything. I finally demanded an evening appointment. A tech came and spent a couple of ours re-configuring our set up and changing out the main amplifier and testing each line signal. He left, problems came right back. Finally they sourced it to corroded equipment at the street, which they replace, and they also replaced the line to our house (saying the corrosion could works its way up the line). That pretty much solved our issues (not entirely).

Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 PM

I'll be making an appointment to have everything looked over.

I took a quick peek today to see if there was TV signal during the internet outage (we have the most basic tv package for bad weather - otherwise DTV for normal viewing), and it appeared to be there was picture (but it could have been during a brief working modem period) so I'm going to do it again tomorrow to confirm. If the TV is fine, the plot will thicken!

Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 AM

677 posts, read 1,903,475 times
This has been happening to us more and more often. Internet just goes out but cable does not. For about a month, it was around 3:00 every day for a short period. Monday this week, it was out for about 3 hours late afternoon-early evening. I called, they said there's no outage, they arranged for a tech visit for the next day, then it came back up. We just chalk it up to typical TWC.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:42 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Mine is going out very intermittently. It only lasts 5-10 seconds typically, but it happens at all overs and often. My neighbor just had their yard torn up and completely redone including irrigation. I am beginning to wonder if the feeder line was nicked.

Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,181,102 times
BUMP - I'm still having problems. Anyone else having issues? It seems to be the first 10-15 minutes of logging onto my laptop - it takes about that long for the internet to get back up and running. Once it gets started, it USUALLY does OK, but occasionally I have outages. Was a cause ever determined?

Old 08-11-2013, 06:15 PM

448 posts, read 851,595 times
I have problems once in awhile. Most recently was two nights ago. I have to reset the modem and router and then it seems to work. We are in the Garner/ Clayton area.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:17 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,208,766 times
I've had problems two days in the past week where there was no connection available for about 15 minutes each time. Frustrating...

Old 08-12-2013, 07:25 AM

63 posts, read 137,175 times
I have been having many issues in the past 2 months as previous posters have mentioned. Mostly the internet drops for 30-60 seconds every 45-60 minutes. Sometimes, even more than that. This is a major issue for me because I work from home and my VPN drops constantly. Very frustrating as if you are using an online program that requires continuous connection, you may lose all our work during the drop out.

I have called TWC many times. They have been to my house 4 times, changed the modem, changed the street cable connection, but very little to no improvement here.

I wish there was a more reliable Internet solution with fast speeds around here. I would switch in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary