Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:46 PM

460 posts, read 1,766,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedkitty View Post
But the apartments were cheap feeling. They also were all white and your stains and mess would easily become the focial point of the room.
ROTFLMAO! OMG, I just caught ^that^...

The apartments were so clean that HER stains and mess would become a focal point, and they didn't want HER junky car in the lot, and DURHAM is a ghetto?!?!

That has GOT to me the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

No offense, but stay were you are. Durham doesn't need people who stain and mess up apartments (to the point that the mess becomes a 'focal point') moving in...people might think it's a ghetto!!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:56 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,936,674 times
Quote:
Durham is the overpriced ghetto of NC. The only good area was southpoint and I loved the mall there.
I know, right?????!?!??! I don't live in Southpoint but I live in Durham...I simply can't believe how ghetto all of these Duke grad students are. They are really giving the Triangle a bad name.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:38 AM

54 posts, read 216,551 times
Please excuse my ignorance but please explain what is meant by the use of the word "ghetto" in the previous posts (it was used several times). I'm sure that I should
be offended but maybe not. Please clarify. When used as a noun the word can have negative conotations but when used as adjective it is even more distasteful.
"You feel me?"
Or am I just another overly sensitive African -American?

Old 11-07-2007, 07:51 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,932,917 times
hahaha too funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurl View Post
ROTFLMAO! OMG, I just caught ^that^...

The apartments were so clean that HER stains and mess would become a focal point, and they didn't want HER junky car in the lot, and DURHAM is a ghetto?!?!

That has GOT to me the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

No offense, but stay were you are. Durham doesn't need people who stain and mess up apartments (to the point that the mess becomes a 'focal point') moving in...people might think it's a ghetto!!

Old 11-07-2007, 08:09 AM

319 posts, read 1,475,660 times
Thumbs down What was the point of this thread?

Using the term, "ghetto" to describe Durham can only lead to negative connotations. I love that the Durham posters defend Durham heartily. That is what I love about my Durham neighbors. We come from all walks of life and different thoughts. I don't get what the OP's reasoning was for starting this thread. Were you looking for advice on where to visit around Durham or just to vent?

I think most Durhamites know there is more to Durham than Southpoint. But why should we tell? Why crowd our great restaurants, trails, museums, and parks?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:21 AM

460 posts, read 1,766,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEJ View Post
Or am I just another overly sensitive African -American?
In this case, I wouldn't worry about what the OP meant when you consider the source of the comment (ie A woman who lives in filth, and has a problem with $800, 2br, CLEAN apartments)

Too funny...

The bottom line is that the apartment complex management aparently didn't care for her (she described them as snobby), so she's striking back at the entire city...

My guess is the complex management was a different race than the OP, and probably had better hygiene.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:56 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,677,439 times
Quote:
Durham is the overpriced ghetto of NC. The only good area was southpoint and I loved the mall there. I also liked alot of the other shops and stuff, and the houses were nice looking but the rent is painfully high for such a place. I was gonna move to one that was 800/mo for 2br but i read reviews that it had pest problems and the staff was snotty and never cared about you after you signed the lease and I heard they required rental insurace and the rate was 180/mo! They also did not allow family members to be there overnight at all. They also had strict parking policies and your car had to look a certain way if it had any damage it wasn't to be parked onsite and alot of other BS. I think it was one were you can see from I-40 and it had a long name and was stone on the outside of some buildings that's all i could remember of the looks. But the apartments were cheap feeling. They also were all white and your stains and mess would easily become the focial point of the room.
Where do you live now? What other areas of the country do you like and why? I'd love to show you some of the other beautiful parts of the county.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:19 PM

282 posts, read 833,380 times
2200/yr in renter's insurance? Wow. I think my HOMEOWNER's insurance was 700 last year. that must be one heck of a place to rent for 800/month.

sounds like some reliable sources of info there remixed.....

Old 11-07-2007, 01:18 PM

959 posts, read 4,483,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighBoundGeek View Post
2200/yr in renter's insurance? Wow. I think my HOMEOWNER's insurance was 700 last year. that must be one heck of a place to rent for 800/month.

sounds like some reliable sources of info there remixed.....
Insurance is affected by your credit score and past insurance history so perhaps that was a variable From what people have posted here, the apartment complexes around Southpoint are very pricey. It's definitely where I'd want to live if I were single

Old 11-07-2007, 02:39 PM

16 posts, read 197,356 times
Well that was the good area. The bad areas we drove through had alot of people beating people up and this one whole black family was fighting. This was just about the soutpoint area. You sound more narrow minded. it seems the only good areas of durham were police state and nanny state areas and the ghetto areas were the complete opposite. I was at the northgate mall and cops were surrounding this black-hispanic guy that was beating this one chick around and we left that mall as quick as we could and never came back. There was alwys people begging for money there and alot of homeless people. i also seen alot of ghetto baby mamas screming at thier guys about money when she was wearing alot of knockoff bling and stuff.

I just was summing up the good parts of town, whilst calling durham the ghetto becuase a hole in the wall that is dirty will cost you 800/mo. let alone a nice average place would be about 1grand/mo just to not have ghetto people next door.

I knew someone with 4 kids that lived in durham, he feared for them becuase the schools were terrible and he had to commute all the way to cary for a job becuase he said durham has not office jobs they are all retail or industrial jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary