Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 07:34 AM

22 posts, read 34,750 times

Advertisements

My family and I are looking to view some new construction in Holly Springs and were hoping the folks on here could provide some help in telling us where to go. We've been to 12 Oaks and like the homes, but we'd like to see some others from various builders. What we're looking for is around 2500 sq ft, price around $350k and well spaced lots.

If anyone has suggestions on Holly Springs neighborhoods to view model homes that meet the above criteria, please let me know! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 AM

120 posts, read 251,332 times
What is your definition of well-spaced lots? A lot of the new construction here is pretty and falls in your price range, but lot sizes tend to be less than 0.2 acres, sometimes FAR less.

There is a neighborhood called Brighton Forest with larger (~0.3ac lots +/-) that I believe would fall in your price range - it's technically FV land but HS address? I can't recall exactly. We looked at it and liked it the best of all the new builds, but it was a bit too far away commute-wise for our particular situation.

Holly Pointe has some HUGE Garman homes that are new, they may or may not have something in your sf range. Woodcreek has a range of builders and size/lot options (kind of mini-neighborhoods in one neighborhood, don't know how you feel about that set-up) and might be worth a look.

We ended up looking at established neighborhoods and bought "old".

Just saw your model homes request - I know Woodcreek has models, not sure of the others. There is also a neighborhood called Tuscany that I -think- has a model, but I also think perhaps a bit more pricey?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Holly Glen was wider lots than most for good spacing (not very deep but several lots that back up to woods). Mckenzie has .75-1 acre lots, but not new construction, built about 4-8 years ago depending. Both neighborhoods easily fit your range.

Old 06-01-2013, 09:28 AM

22 posts, read 34,750 times
Thanks Duke. By well spaced I'm really just looking for about .25 acres. We're in Morrisville now and I feel like I could extend my arms between my house and my neighbors and touch them both. A little more privacy is what we're after - but within a neighborhood setting.

Old 06-01-2013, 11:32 AM

108 posts, read 347,681 times
Have you checked out Sunset Oaks/The Woods at all? The neighborhood is just about built-out but there are a few lots left. We've been here for almost 6 years and still love it!

Old 06-03-2013, 07:36 AM

1,039 posts, read 2,654,311 times
My casual observation of new construction in Holly Springs is that newer construction has smaller lots. If you want .25 acres you're looking at 10-15 year old construction. Again, it's just what I noticed, and no scientific data to back it up.

There is a new development going up next to mine. One thing I noticed is that they build the new houses on every other lot so that those first few in there it looks like the lot is huge. Then they fill in the lots they skipped....

Old 06-03-2013, 07:48 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,561,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenihan View Post
Thanks Duke. By well spaced I'm really just looking for about .25 acres. We're in Morrisville now and I feel like I could extend my arms between my house and my neighbors and touch them both. A little more privacy is what we're after - but within a neighborhood setting.
We moved to Apex recently and only have .21 acres, but the houses are 30' apart. I feel like I have at least .3 acres as the lots are well designed.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:22 AM

30 posts, read 46,958 times
Default What subdivision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterboy526 View Post
We moved to Apex recently and only have .21 acres, but the houses are 30' apart. I feel like I have at least .3 acres as the lots are well designed.
Waterboy, I'm looking in the HS, Apex, WF area and was wondering which subdivision has houses spaced wider apart like yours. Would you please share?
I don't want to touch my neighbor's home. Been looking at Brighton Forest or the Garrison subdivision. Only issue I see there is the only thing they have is a pool. That's a downside for me as I'm looking for several amenities for my 2 active boys.
Thanks, any info is greatly appreciated!!

Old 08-22-2013, 11:04 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Brighton Forest would be a good example for spaced out lots. Holly Glen has pretty well spaced lots too. I am probably 25-30' from my neighbor and most are this way. There are some sections with closer houses, but towards the back it spaces out pretty well. You can go with older neighborhoods and get a lot more yard too.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 AM

57 posts, read 192,087 times
Check out WoodCreek! Lots are roughly .25 acres, and the amenities are great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary