Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 04:58 PM

6 posts, read 9,714 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone, I am going to be visiting the Raleigh/Durham area coming up in the fall. I may be possibly moving there, so I wanted to check out the area.

Are there any Must-do or Must-See things while I am out there? I have check out some of the visitor sites, as well as Tripadvisor, but those don't always promote the finest the cities have to offer. Also, any recommendations for the best food spots would be helpful as well
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2013, 07:11 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joboee View Post
Hey everyone, I am going to be visiting the Raleigh/Durham area coming up in the fall. I may be possibly moving there, so I wanted to check out the area.

Are there any Must-do or Must-See things while I am out there? I have check out some of the visitor sites, as well as Tripadvisor, but those don't always promote the finest the cities have to offer. Also, any recommendations for the best food spots would be helpful as well
What dates? Lots of annual festivals and events are the same time every year.
What kinds of things appeal to you?

Old 06-02-2013, 08:42 PM

59 posts, read 95,474 times
I have the same questions. We are visiting with the chance of moving. Our visit is July 4-8. We want to do the most fun thing on July 4 possible. We are young, early 30's, but no kids and we don't drink but don't mind too much being around it.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:05 PM

25,118 posts, read 16,198,148 times
If you're in town around July 4th, then check the dates on the Festival on the Eno in Durham.

The fall is 5 months from now, and it's not like anything you NEED to do that's a "signature of the Triangle" that would make you want to move here will be sold out in the next 90 days.

Old 06-03-2013, 01:08 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Everyone I run into has been telling me to check out the James Hunt Library on NC State's Centennial Campus.

Old 06-03-2013, 07:10 AM

59 posts, read 95,474 times
Any good fireworks celebrations?

Old 06-03-2013, 08:21 AM

430 posts, read 626,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maybel16 View Post
I have the same questions. We are visiting with the chance of moving. Our visit is July 4-8. We want to do the most fun thing on July 4 possible. We are young, early 30's, but no kids and we don't drink but don't mind too much being around it.
If you like baseball the Bulls have home games on the 4th and 5th and post-game fireworks both nights.

Old 06-03-2013, 02:31 PM

6 posts, read 9,714 times
I am thinking sometime in Mid-September

I'm always interested in places to eat, live music, as well as record stores.

Also, is there anything around the area that would be a good day-trip?

Old 06-03-2013, 02:58 PM

399 posts, read 700,164 times
NC must be behind the times. They still have record stores?

Old 06-03-2013, 03:08 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,321,421 times
Mirabella, you're just not "hipster" enough to know that vinyl is cool again.

joboee, in Carrboro and Chapel Hill you can check out Cats Cradle, Local 506, All Day Records (which is a "record" store carrying vinyl), CD Alley, and various other local music venues. There's also a guy in town who hand cuts records if a record store isn't hipster enough for you. Carrboro musician Wesley Wolfe has catalyzed the lathe-to-turntable movement of local music | Music Feature | Indy Week The Indy (local weekly newspaper) usually has a good listing of live music and other stuff. Indy Week

maybel16, I don't know what Raleigh does for the 4th of July, but surely somebody here can advise. If you can take the heat the suggestion of the Festival for the Eno in Durham is a great one. It's a 3 day music festival held every July 4th. 34th Annual Festival for the Eno River! Chapel Hill has a fireworks display in the football stadium, Kenan Stadium. Town of Chapel Hill : July Fourth Fireworks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary