Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 02:18 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times

Advertisements

Hi I am a single lady in her 30s and am moving to the area. I work from home so can be flexible on location but am looking for a safe/nice area that is close driving distance to shopping and restaurants. I am not into night life scene. I'm looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom apartment or condo rental and am trying to stay around 1100. I would be open to a small home rental and could increase my budget for that but was starting off with a search for apartments.
I have been searching on here and had a visit in the area but it was very short. I have read about Briar Creek area being nice which it seemed,I thought the Crabtree mall area was ok and Cary I thought was nice as well.
Has anyone had an experience with a specific complex they enjoyed living in? Any other feedback I appreciate to. Thank you

Last edited by RedZin; 06-15-2013 at 07:23 AM.. Reason: Edited to remove solicitation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 05:44 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
I am in the Hermitage at Beechtree apartments on Cary Parkway in Cary. It is near everything and I am very happy here. My rent plus associated fees is still under $900 for a 1 bedroom. I have no complaints at all. They run a tight ship here. Lovely pool which is never crowded (I love to sunbathe) and ample parking.

Old 06-15-2013, 07:22 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Reminder: This forum cannot be used to conduct real estate and/or rental business.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:55 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,165,555 times
Northridge Crossings by Triangle Town Center has been our home for 8 years.

Near plenty of shopping and safe.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:23 PM

6,825 posts, read 9,059,808 times
I'm very happy in the Brier Creek neighborhood. I don't know about prices for apartments but there are many options here. I am in my 40's not into nightlife. I'll go to downtown Raleigh or downtown Durham occasionally. I like that I in the middle of things.

Brier Creek doesn't have the high end stores but it also means you don't have to spend a lot of money when you go out. We have Walmart & Target, Ross, Petsmart, McDonalds, Starbucks and many other places. We have two Japanese restaurants, a Thai restaurant, two Indian restaurants, Carolina Ale House etc.

We are also 10 minutes from the Raleigh entrance of Umstead Park if you like hiking and 20 minutes from the Cary side of Umstead. Plus you are about 25 minutes away from Eno River State Park near Durham.

Old 06-15-2013, 05:53 PM

95 posts, read 259,766 times
We loved our stay in Lake Pine apartments, in Cary. We had two balconies that opened up over a pond with a fountain. It attracted ducks and lots of other birds. You're about 100 yards from a 2.2 mile trail around Lake Pine. The apartment is in your price range and the floorplans are very clever and utilize space well. It feels bigger than it is.

The location is great - immediately off us-64 with easy access to us-1 and 540. You'll be in Raleigh in 15 - 20 minutes and RTP in a little longer. Lots of stuff closer than that. The apartments, and Cary in general, are very safe.

It's been a few years since we rented there, so I can't speak to the current management. I searched for the apartment website and came up with this, hope it gets you close:
1.1D found at Camden Lake Pine 600 Park Summit Boulevard Apex NC - Apartment for Rent | Move.com

Good luck!

Old 06-16-2013, 05:50 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,827,529 times
Thank you so much for your replies and help. I really appreciate it

Old 06-16-2013, 07:09 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,548,381 times
We rented at Weston Lakeside apartments off of I40/exit 287 for 6 mos while getting our house built. It was like staying at a resort. pet friendly. quiet. off of the black creek greenway if you run or bike, that is very useful. and it is pretty central to this area. they just refurbished, so not sure if that has driven the price up.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:25 PM

756 posts, read 836,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrmanby View Post
We loved our stay in Lake Pine apartments, in Cary. We had two balconies that opened up over a pond with a fountain. It attracted ducks and lots of other birds. You're about 100 yards from a 2.2 mile trail around Lake Pine. The apartment is in your price range and the floorplans are very clever and utilize space well. It feels bigger than it is.

The location is great - immediately off us-64 with easy access to us-1 and 540. You'll be in Raleigh in 15 - 20 minutes and RTP in a little longer. Lots of stuff closer than that. The apartments, and Cary in general, are very safe.

It's been a few years since we rented there, so I can't speak to the current management. I searched for the apartment website and came up with this, hope it gets you close:
1.1D found at Camden Lake Pine 600 Park Summit Boulevard Apex NC - Apartment for Rent | Move.com

Good luck!
We left Lake Pine this past October. We saw a lot of changes in the 15 months we lived there, and not for the better. They did change management as well during that time. A lot of long time renters have moved out. We used to recommend it, but do not recommend it any longer- they are old buildings whose infrastructure is getting more and more expensive to keep up. Repairs are costly when done correctly but more costly when they are not. Enough said.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:56 PM

871 posts, read 3,018,595 times
My very good friends are moving out of Lake Pine apartments tomorrow....they've been there just over a year and were informed that their rent is (was) going up $200/mo. They said no way and are headed elsewhere. Too bad....great location for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary