Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:30 PM

120 posts, read 296,428 times

Advertisements

Hello. Any feedback or experiences moving with TMAT? Were they quick & careful? Did anything break, if so are they insured!!! Any info would be great. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2011, 04:40 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,600,888 times
Some here have had a great experience with them; mine was horrible. I used them to move from Durham to Wilmington - maybe a local move is different. Items broken, cost WAY above what was quoted, and for some reason when they weigh the truck they give you a "heavy items" and "light items" price. Which makes me think they went to this place to weigh my stuff and took it off the truck to do so. Hence broken stuff that was (I thought) packed well. I've moved a lot and this never happened to me before. Scratched my furniture, did not use mattress bags so my box spring is filthy.

I wish I'd just used Trosa in the first place. They take great care with your stuff. The only reason I didn't was the quoted cost, but two men and a truck ended up costing that much anyway.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:21 PM

1,695 posts, read 4,675,433 times
we used them years and years ago without problem but it was for a very local move (just a few miles) and we didnt have anything of value LMAO. but our non valuable stuff arrived safe and sound, and the quote was what we paid. this was YEARS ago though (way before we had kids) so ive no idea how they are now...

Old 06-28-2011, 05:53 PM

192 posts, read 312,916 times
I used them 2 years ago for a local move. One guy dropped a dresser down the stairs of a second level. Once they finished he called the manager to tell him what happened and I overheard him say "the dressers not worth anything, she was just going to leave it in the garage anyway'. The nerve!!!! He ended up giving me a discount on the move...

Old 06-28-2011, 07:32 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,870,575 times
My neighbor used them and HATES them now! She said they held her furniture hostage by asking for more money before they unloaded at the new house. She moved from one side of Raleigh to the other...not far, not lots of stuff.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 PM

814 posts, read 2,007,055 times
I have used them three times. Good experience each time. All local moves...I packed...they just picked everything up and unloaded at the new site.

Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,057 times
We used them 2 years ago for a local move. 3 men showed up, moved us rather quickly, nothing was broken and the price was actually less than I was quoted.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:58 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
I had a good experience with them. We packed, they loaded and unloaded. They also did it on the one snow day of the year and the price was what they quoted.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:33 AM

656 posts, read 1,991,395 times
We did not have a good experience. The guys that showed up just felt wrong for the job. Then, to top off the day their truck leaked a bunch of oil all over our driveway. We did a local move a few years back (Cary to Wake Forest) and although I felt like we paid them premium we got very sub-standard service for that price.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:04 AM

612 posts, read 1,280,280 times
I used them 2 years ago for a local move because they easily had cheapest rate I could find. Friends of mine recommended TROSA but their quote was more. Overall TMAT did a good job. It took longer than expected, and they ended-up making 2 trips (which was not planned), but I paid exactly what the quote was. The 2 guys were nice enough, and didn't damage anything, but they were a little slow --- which is better than fast and careless in my opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary