Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 10:16 AM

43,282 posts, read 77,104,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Thats an understatement! The very best land or lots might appear to sell in one day, but really these deals are made beforehand and then they appear on mls just to avoid any (i assume) legal issues.

I am also seeing people gouging as in:

home for sale on day 1 gets multiple offers
Home is raised by 25000 to discourage others because someone wants deal 1 to be the one, usually saying there was a mistake in pricing.

These are a few reasons people lose respect and desire for realtors.
You are confusing resale residential dynamics with my statement regarding raw land sales.
The topic brought out by the OP was raw land sales, which almost have no presence among most Realtors or MLS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 02:00 PM

2,218 posts, read 2,939,331 times
While I agree that there are many land acquisitions that take place without ever going on the MLS there are quite a few land listings that are handled through Realtors/Brokers and many do go on MLS. There are even companies that specialize in large tracts of land.

The problem the OP will have is that he specifically is asking about Wake County. As others have stated in other threads Wake County's available "raw" land is getting more scarce due to the population boom over the past 10 years or so. But there are plenty of neighboring counties that have large parcels of land available that could be subdivided.

It's funny because just a few years back there were lots of large tracts of land that had already been bought by developers, subdivided but just sitting undeveloped due to the dried up housing market. Others developers came in at just the right time swooped them up for a great deal and are sitting mighty pretty right now :-)

Old 06-28-2013, 06:23 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,832 times
Default true but

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRaleigh Mom View Post
While I agree that there are many land acquisitions that take place without ever going on the MLS there are quite a few land listings that are handled through Realtors/Brokers and many do go on MLS. There are even companies that specialize in large tracts of land.

The problem the OP will have is that he specifically is asking about Wake County. As others have stated in other threads Wake County's available "raw" land is getting more scarce due to the population boom over the past 10 years or so. But there are plenty of neighboring counties that have large parcels of land available that could be subdivided.

It's funny because just a few years back there were lots of large tracts of land that had already been bought by developers, subdivided but just sitting undeveloped due to the dried up housing market. Others developers came in at just the right time swooped them up for a great deal and are sitting mighty pretty right now :-)
While this is true, I am seeing a fast run up in prices, that could be the making of a bubble if it continues at this pace. There really arent enough new jobs created here to sustain the amount of people moving here. Many people are jut following the crowd and not checking fundamentals. There is still plenty of land in Wake county.....unless you lived in another area people dont realize how often laws are changed which amounts into every piece of dirt being paved or built upon.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 AM

1 posts, read 821 times
I keep hearing from friends that land is being gobbled up at a large rate.

Old 06-28-2013, 09:26 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
Years ago, I remember talking to a developer about an older home that was very close to a neighborhood that he was building. I asked him what the plan was concerning the older home. He told me that it takes time to get people to sell off their homes and acreage. He said they have no reason to move and don't want to move. But, he drops by to speak to them every few months and forms a relationship. So when they do decide to sell, they'll want to sell to someone they have that relationship with.

He also told me that sometimes developers will name a development or a street after the family in order to get them to sell.

Many RE companies have a land acquisition department that does similar things to get their hands on land.

That is more common than to have a land owner just decide to sell off acres of land and hire a RE Agent to get it sold.

I know of some land in North Raleigh that a certain builder has been trying to get his hands on for YEARS!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary