Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 PM

78 posts, read 127,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio108 View Post
I guess that gets back to the question; why not invest in a new truck instead of B&M space? Maybe it's an issue with food prep space being limited.
Maybe it is their dream to have a brick-and-mortar location, to serve more guests, offer more menu options. Durham's Triangle Raw Foods is working on getting their own storefront established, and their patrons do seem to be in the demand for it. I realize raw foods are more of a niche cuisine in this area, but I'm sure Klausie's will garner enough business to succeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,545,664 times
I'm confused with this plan.

They are going to open a B&M, plus have a pizza trailer, plus have a lunch special at a bar?

I definitely would visit a Klausie's location once open. I highly prefer a B&M store to a Food Truck, especially when paying $3.50+ per slice.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:43 PM

257 posts, read 713,454 times
I hope his plan works out. As cool of a concept as food trucks are, it's a pain to constantly have to check FB/Twitter if you want their food on a given day. Even the ones that have usual locations on a given day wouldn't always be there. Plus, they're pretty noisy. Downtown could use a good pizza place, very few that I know of there.

Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM

915 posts, read 2,382,750 times
Been clear that that is where he wanted to head for a while now; he's had ads on craigslist looking for a GM and he mentions his "at least" three locations opening soon-- Raleigh, Charlotte, and Atlanta. Good luck to him; opening one restaurant is hard not to mention three back-to-back in different cities. You really have to trust your GM and chef in that situation.

Old 06-27-2013, 06:18 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhwilkin View Post
I hope his plan works out. As cool of a concept as food trucks are, it's a pain to constantly have to check FB/Twitter if you want their food on a given day. Even the ones that have usual locations on a given day wouldn't always be there. Plus, they're pretty noisy. Downtown could use a good pizza place, very few that I know of there.
Agreed. For me the food truck appeal has worn off. They're never convenient to my work and food truck rodeos have ceased being fun with the crowds they draw.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 AM

455 posts, read 919,034 times
I love his pizza and I think he's a nice enough guy, but he's never struck me as the smartest when it comes to business, so I'm not sure how well this move will work out.. I've kind of felt this way ever since his truck broke down last year and he was asking for donations to fix it. Not exactly the way to run a business..

Old 06-27-2013, 02:11 PM

1,040 posts, read 3,602,514 times
There might be a new pizza truck coming out in the near future

Old 06-28-2013, 06:19 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
I love his pizza and I think he's a nice enough guy, but he's never struck me as the smartest when it comes to business, so I'm not sure how well this move will work out.. I've kind of felt this way ever since his truck broke down last year and he was asking for donations to fix it. Not exactly the way to run a business..
That seems genius to me. Why spend your own money fixing your truck when other people will give you free money for the repairs?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:59 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
I agree with your comments about it not being the best way to run a business. I'm also not that impressed that they choose to shut the truck down even though they had committed to several food truck events in the coming months. I guess if the truck is completely broken down that is one thing, but if they voluntarily stopped operating when they had commitments that is kind of lame. I also find it disappointing that there in nothing posted on their website announcing they have shut the truck down and they still show their schedule of events on their google calendar for the next several months. They need to update that right away or just take it down. its their website. that should have been done as soon as they announced they were closing. That's just common sense. Not everyone is following them on twitter or Facebook.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 PM

455 posts, read 919,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I agree with your comments about it not being the best way to run a business. I'm also not that impressed that they choose to shut the truck down even though they had committed to several food truck events in the coming months. I guess if the truck is completely broken down that is one thing, but if they voluntarily stopped operating when they had commitments that is kind of lame. I also find it disappointing that there in nothing posted on their website announcing they have shut the truck down and they still show their schedule of events on their google calendar for the next several months. They need to update that right away or just take it down. its their website. that should have been done as soon as they announced they were closing. That's just common sense. Not everyone is following them on twitter or Facebook.
When he broke his leg a few months back he had a crew running the truck without him...why not continue that while he moves forward with the B&M location? That way he's fulfilling commitments and making money at the same time..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary