Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:09 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times

Advertisements

Please folks--know to never leave any living thing in a hot car. This is such a waste of a precious Golden and the time and effort involved in training him.

chapelhillnews.com | Carrboro police investigating death of service dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JbOcCQ-y3OY

Share this on your FB page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 11:29 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,460,268 times
We had a police dog die from being left in the patrol car for hours on a hot sunny day here.

The community was outraged and people even picketed outside council meetings in support of justice for the dog.

If you or I killed a police dog, we'd be charged with murdering a police officer.

Unfortunately, the policeman responsible was not fired, but his pay was garnished to pay for a replacement.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-29-2013, 11:43 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,108,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
We had a police dog die from being left in the patrol car for hours on a hot sunny day here.

The community was outraged and people even picketed outside council meetings in support of justice for the dog.

If you or I killed a police dog, we'd be charged with murdering a police officer.

Unfortunately, the policeman responsible was not fired, but his pay was garnished to pay for a replacement.

Posted with TapaTalk
I remember reading about that. Those dogs are so expensive. I hope he was charged interest as well. I simply do not understand how anybody could be so stupid or otherwise occupied to leave a lliving thing in a hot car.

Old 06-29-2013, 12:10 PM

He should have been charged with at least animal cruelty! Again, a member of the general public would have been.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-29-2013, 12:13 PM

By the way....this applies even more so to ferrets. Ferrets are very intolerant of high temperatures.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-29-2013, 01:05 PM

554 posts, read 1,155,191 times
This kind of stuff is completely unavoidable.

I witnessed a concerned person trying to help a dog in a hot car just last week. The vehicle was parked in full sun on asphalt in front of a grocery store during the afteroon. I am not sure how she confronted the owner, but by the time I was there unloading groceries into my own car, animal control and a police officer were involved. The owner was irate and said her dog was fine. The windows were cracked, but the dog inside was panting very heavily. The thermometer on my car was reading 86 degrees. I do not know why the dog was left inside panting while the owners and officers and concerned citizen were arguing the details. Made me sick. And sad. Leave your pets at home, folks.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:11 PM

328 posts, read 767,491 times
If someone breaks in to save the dog, they get charge and have to pay for the broken window. Seeing animals left in a hot car makes me incredibly angry. There is no excuse for it, period.

Old 06-29-2013, 01:44 PM

7,104 posts, read 11,606,834 times
How terrible. And it was the program director! How could she have not known not to do this! That makes it worse.

I confronted someone in Wilmington once about their dog in the car. I was on the phone with the police when the people came out of the store. They drove off, but surely did it again.

Old 06-29-2013, 03:46 PM

....and it is only a misdemeanor if found guilty!

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 06-29-2013, 03:47 PM

Of course we shouldn't be surprised when you hear of this happening with human babies every Summer!

You can't fix stupid.

Posted with TapaTalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary