Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 06:54 PM

120 posts, read 248,666 times

Advertisements

Anyone have suggestions for somewhere to watch fireworks or entertainment for the 4th? I'm located convenient to Raleigh or Cary but I'm used to going to smaller shows, knowing where to park, and being able to slip in and out without much trouble. I'm hoping to avoid nightmarish traffic if that's possible. Any insider tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM

725 posts, read 1,500,840 times
The downtown Raleigh fireworks are new, last year was the first time downtown (they used to be at the Fairgrounds). Last year the big complaint was that the fireworks were to low so people not right in front on Fayetteville street missed many of them. This year they are having two sets and the second set should be more visible (they say from the Amphitheater and points west of Fayetteville ). If that is the case it makes me think that the view from Boylan streeet would be a cool way to watch the later show.

http://www.wral.com/raleigh-rethinks...play/12518289/

For Cary the "secret" spot is the MacGregor shopping center. Park and walk behind the buildings, there is a nice lawn back there. You'll miss some of the lower fireworks and it's not loud at all. But it's a smaller crowd and if you leave out the back entrance (or hustle to 64) you'll miss the traffic from Koka Booth.

Last edited by boardmember10000; 06-29-2013 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Spelling and link.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:59 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,727,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
For Cary the "secret" spot is the MacGregor shopping center. Park and walk behind the buildings, there is a nice lawn back there. You'll miss some of the lower fireworks and it's not loud at all. But it's a smaller crowd and if you leave out the back entrance (or hustle to 64) you'll miss the traffic from Koka Booth.
Good tip there. I've always been a fan of parking at the Walmart and then walking to the grassy field at the corner of Tryon and Regency. Bonus points if you can time dinner correctly at Lucky 32 and be sitting on their outdoor terrace (you'll probably need to get a reservation well in advance, don't expect to be a casual walk-in that day).

Old 06-30-2013, 03:37 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
One of the things I like about Wake Forest is that you get that community feel from the town.

I've not been but I have heard wonderful things about their July 4th celebration:

Fourth of July Celebration - Town of Wake Forest, NC

Vicki

Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM

1,036 posts, read 1,953,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
One of the things I like about Wake Forest is that you get that community feel from the town.

I've not been but I have heard wonderful things about their July 4th celebration:

Fourth of July Celebration - Town of Wake Forest, NC

Vicki
We went a couple of years back and it was surprisingly good. It's held at the high school stadium, so there's plenty of seating and everyone has a great view. Having our own party this year or I'd probably go again.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 PM

25 posts, read 30,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPK View Post
Bonus points if you can time dinner correctly at Lucky 32 and be sitting on their outdoor terrace (you'll probably need to get a reservation well in advance, don't expect to be a casual walk-in that day).
In case someone searches this for a future year, you cannot see the fireworks from the Lucky 32 terrace.. we tried this year and you can't see anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary