Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2007, 04:04 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,695,847 times

Advertisements

newsobserver.com | Water use misses Easley's mark (http://www.newsobserver.com/weather/drought/story/766154.html - broken link)

Surprisingly residents of Cary (which I believe has much more of its water supply remaining than the rest of the Triangle) conserved the most in this area. Cary also was the last town to ban outdoor watering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 04:42 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
newsobserver.com | Water use misses Easley's mark (http://www.newsobserver.com/weather/drought/story/766154.html - broken link)

Surprisingly residents of Cary (which I believe has much more of its water supply remaining than the rest of the Triangle) conserved the most in this area. Cary also was the last town to ban outdoor watering.
Why is that surprising? Cary has instituted water conservation measures (including alternate day watering) since 2000, whereas the other towns and cities in the triangle haven't considered it until recently.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 AM

Yes, but Cary residents already were conserving due to the tiered pricing and year round water restrictions so to have conserved more than the rest of the Triangle is surprising to me. Also, the other areas banned outdoor watering much earlier than Cary.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:40 AM

1,994 posts, read 5,961,964 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Cary have the highest residential water usage per capita of any community in the triangle? Even with their year round conservation measures? So, we should applaud the glutton for only eating two steaks instead of three?

Old 11-09-2007, 08:52 AM

168 posts, read 500,217 times
Any data to back up this assertion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by toot68 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Cary have the highest residential water usage per capita of any community in the triangle? Even with their year round conservation measures? So, we should applaud the glutton for only eating two steaks instead of three?

Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,815,133 times
I am one of the Cary "gluttons" who makes a concerted effort to save water in addition to following the guidelines the town has in place.

Gee, toot68, it must be great to live in the conservation capital of the northern hemisphere.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:09 AM

709 posts, read 934,960 times
Cary a bigger source of water Jordan lake, number two they have reclaimed water for grass watering. Third its NOVEMBER who is watering a lawn anymore? Oh yea the idiot down the block from me this morning, Yes he was watering Bermuda which turned brown this week from the frost! Dummie from up north.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
Cary a bigger source of water Jordan lake, number two they have reclaimed water for grass watering. Third its NOVEMBER who is watering a lawn anymore? Oh yea the idiot down the block from me this morning, Yes he was watering Bermuda which turned brown this week from the frost! Dummie from up north.
Read the article. It's talking about the five weeks beginning 10/1. Very little of Cary is on reclaimed water (unfortunately). My point is areas in the Triangle outside of Cary that have much less water left are conserving less for some crazy reason.

Old 11-10-2007, 07:42 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,448,185 times
Hubby and I have been a bit perturbed to see water standing in the curb where someone in our neighborhood has been watering a lawn. Are the re-seeding permits still being honored -- those that got them before the ban -- or are we long past the permits being good?

People can still water with a hose, no? Just not with an irrigation system, or a sprinkler set out in the yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary