Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 05:13 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,732 times

Advertisements

If anyone on this board lives in the Cobblestone neighborhood in Clayton (KB homes, Anderson or the neighborhoods off of Champion Street), PLEASE send me a private message ASAP!

There is something I need to pass on!

(This has nothing to do with KB homes or Anderson, just a friendly neighborhood watch)

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM

9 posts, read 58,315 times
They need another Entrance to this Development.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:22 AM

Just bumping this back up once again. I got quite a few emails already, just want to inform as many neighbors as I can.

Thanks!

Old 11-08-2007, 12:57 PM

Just a quick update to those who have emailed me today concerning this.

Just found out, this young couple was going door to door asking for money. They said they needed to get out of town ASAP and was looking for donations. If you are not home or do not answer the door (which was my case), they will proceed to try to break into your home.

This has also been reported around the 42 area as well, so please everyone, be careful! If you see anything suspcious, please call the police.

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.
Thanks!

Old 11-08-2007, 02:00 PM

39 posts, read 170,102 times
Could it be these guys? Johnston Co. Homeowner Surprises Intruders, Pins 1 With Car :: WRAL.com

Old 11-08-2007, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesCerwin View Post
I saw that too.Until I see a picture,I wont be 100% positive. These idiots engaged in a conversation with my neighbors, then tried to break into my house. If I was not home and they succeeded, dont ya think my neighbors would tell the cops that someone was just at their home asking for money would not raise suspicion?

Idiots.

They will get caught. Not the brightest crayons in the box, they tried to break into my house, which had all the lights on, two tvs on full volume AND I was at home. Just not answering my door. Did watch them through the peephole though so I got a full description.

Again. Idiots.

Old 11-09-2007, 08:06 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,155,597 times
Please post all the details for this as resident from all over the area need to know about this. People like this usually travel to another area once they are found out. Again please post the whole story...

Old 11-09-2007, 08:36 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Crooks are not the smartest people on the planet, either!

Years ago, I worked at Wachovia Bank as a teller. One bright beautiful WARM morning at 9AM, in walks this guy with a hooded sweatshirt on. Comes right up to the teller window and starts screaming and cussing for money. He has the hooded sweatshirt pulled up and gloves on but NOTHING COVERING HIS FACE and there he is, staring right into the video camera. Then he goes to his job as a construction worker and tells about 3 fellow workers that he just robbed a bank!

It took the police about 2 hours to arrest him. He is currently in jail.

NC is not a good state for bank robbers. They catch 99.8% of them.

Vicki

Old 11-09-2007, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
Please post all the details for this as resident from all over the area need to know about this. People like this usually travel to another area once they are found out. Again please post the whole story...
No problem!

The other night, a young black couple approached several houses in the Cobblestone neighborhood. If the homeowner answers the door, they go into a spill about wanting to leave town and they ask for money. If the homeowner is not home (or in my case, watching them through the peephole and not answering the door), they try to break in, usually through the back of the house. In my case, they went to my backyard and was caught peeping in through my office window. When they saw we were home, they ran back to the front and jumped in their car which they had parked in my driveway, right up against my house (they were planning on loading up!) I called the police and was told it was the second call this week. Please do NOT give them money. Obviously, its a scam. They have hit houses by 42 and Guy Road as well as some parts of Raleigh. Its a black male, probably in his early 20's with a salt & pepper beard. He had on a mechanic's jacket that said, "Joe". He wore a dark colored ski cap. He had a younger girl with him, I'm guessing in her late teens. She wore a light pink coat. Very pretty girl, seemed very friendly. The police are looking for them so if you see anything suspicious, please call the police.

And no, they are not very bright! I had all the lights on in my house, two TV's blaring and several signs posted around my house stating I have an alarm system.
Idiots.

Old 11-09-2007, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Crooks are not the smartest people on the planet, either!

Years ago, I worked at Wachovia Bank as a teller. One bright beautiful WARM morning at 9AM, in walks this guy with a hooded sweatshirt on. Comes right up to the teller window and starts screaming and cussing for money. He has the hooded sweatshirt pulled up and gloves on but NOTHING COVERING HIS FACE and there he is, staring right into the video camera. Then he goes to his job as a construction worker and tells about 3 fellow workers that he just robbed a bank!

It took the police about 2 hours to arrest him. He is currently in jail.

NC is not a good state for bank robbers. They catch 99.8% of them.

Vicki
That was almost as funny as the time when I worked in a department store at a mall. Around Christmas time, we had small TV's for sale (you know, the black & white ones lol) This large woman came in, walked over to the display, lifted up her dress, squatted and walked through the exit doors waddling. She was actually carrying one of the TVs between her thighs.
It was the craziest thing I have ever seen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary