Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 03:42 PM

5 posts, read 8,519 times

Advertisements

My sister and I will be moving to the Raleigh NC area in two weeks for a job transfer and have been looking at some apartments in the Cary area online since we don't have the time to fly out there before the move. We have narrowed it down to either Lofts at Weston (brand new apartments), Windsor at Tryon Village and Apartments at the Arboretum. Does anyone have any insight as to which apartment is better (location, safety, close to stores, etc) or suggest any other apartments? We are looking for upgraded, modern style apartments. We did consider Camden Asbury Village since it's close to the new job but there wan't any units in the size/style that we needed for the move timeframe. We are both young professionals with no children. Thanks so much for any input!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2013, 04:51 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,619,072 times
I like the Arboretum. Have you also considered Wade Park or The Bristol at Park West Village (both are brand-new)?

Old 07-08-2013, 09:19 PM

2,924 posts, read 3,325,388 times
Have you looked at reviews of those apartments? I found apartmentratings.com and google helpful when we were looking for an apartment. I believe at the time I read more negative then positive about Windsor at Tryon. I never looked in the other two you are considering. They are all in safe areas and I believe all are close to stores. The arboretum might be the closest to stores and you could walk to restaurants. Good luck.

Old 07-08-2013, 09:45 PM

25,119 posts, read 16,109,930 times
the Weston/Arboretum ones are essentially the same location, and are superior to the Tryon one. Crossroads is a nearly-endless shopping area of parking lot and strip mall with mostly chain stores. Weston is about 1/20 the size, but higher end. And more convenient to Corporate Center Drive over the next 12 months.

Old 07-09-2013, 03:43 AM

9,129 posts, read 14,692,150 times
Lofts at Weston and Arboretum are essentially the same as far as driving places, but the at the Arboretum you can actually walk to some things whereas Weston there is nothing but offices within a 10 minute walk.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:40 AM

5 posts, read 8,519 times
Thanks everyone for the advice We ended up leasing at the Arboretum since we like the idea of being able to walk to shops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary