Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 10:28 AM

1,509 posts, read 2,415,188 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are looking to purchase our first home and we're seeing lots of houses in Grove Park, Audubon Park, and Magnolia Place that interest us. I realize that each are separate neighborhoods in disparate areas, but all would give us about an equitable commute (me to Chapel Hill and DW to N. Raleigh). I've driven through all three areas and they all seem like nice areas - I'm more partial to Audubon Park or Magnolia Place because my commute to Chapel Hill wouldn't be as bad, but again I like all of these neighborhoods from what we've seen. Anybody here currently own a home in any of these neighborhood who could tell me more about them? How are the HOAs in each? Do they tend to be more friendly and laid back communities? How diverse are they? I'd love to hear more in advance of seeing potential homes to buy in each neighborhood to keep in mind.

I've seen older threads that discuss these areas but I'm curious to see if anything has changed in the 3+ years since those threads were posted!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2013, 12:11 PM

338 posts, read 1,615,987 times
I've been in Grove Park for over a year now and have friends that have been here for years and all have been happy with the neighborhood. The HOA management company is really good about staying on top of homeowners who don't keep things looking nice with their homes. Same with keeping the common areas up to date. They just went through a complete remodel of the clubhouse. The management company has an office on site.

I think the diversity is really good in GP. As a female I frequently walk my dog at night in the neighborhood with no safety concerns. Our neighbors are very friendly and regularly wave when passing each other.

Many are members of the golf course so that's a nice social outlet if you're a golfer.

I don't really have anything to say to steer you away from Grove Park. Hope this helps!

Old 01-03-2014, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 2,770 times
Lived in Grove Park for 7 yrs, recently sold home and moved out of Durham in 2013
Pros= nice amenities including pool, fitness center, and walking trails & sidewalks, close proximity to Brier Creek and highways & interstates

Cons= small lots, lots of foreclosures and rental properties which have caused a decline in the value and appearance of the neighborhood, not allowed to park on streets and most homes have small parking pads, poor grading & standing water throughout neighborhood, car break ins, thefts, bums walking sidewalks throughout day, several property lawns have no grass. Would definitely suggest driving around whole neighborhood and carefully viewing homes and property conditions and also searching recent crime activity in area before deciding to live in Grove Park.
* I lived on the golf course side so I can only speak for Linkside
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary