Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 02:06 PM

7 posts, read 19,641 times

Advertisements

We're moving out to Mebane and want to know about the Vets there?

Large Lab
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 02:12 PM

420 posts, read 1,534,536 times
We use Tri-County Vet (south of Mebane) on 87. It is officially a Graham address, but it is fairly close to Eli Whitney. They have been fine for us.

I believe one of our neighbors uses the vet at the Food Lion shopping center near the 119/I-85 exit.

Old 11-10-2007, 06:35 AM

2,825 posts, read 6,923,274 times
We just moved to Mebane too and had our vet records trasferred to Mebane Pet Clinic on the recommendation of my old vet. We haven't been there for a visit yet though, just for frontline.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:17 AM

7 posts, read 19,641 times
Default Mebane Vet

Anyother recommendations from people who have actually used one of the vets in/around Mebane???

Old 04-08-2008, 09:34 AM

1,928 posts, read 3,643,442 times
We live in Graham and it might not be as close as you would want, but we go to Graham Animal Hospital on Main Street just off the highway. Dr. Morris there is the best. Our dog is old-18 plus and developed kind of a "doggie dementia". We had no idea dogs could get this and his behavior at night scared us for him. He just seemed lost. She diagnosed it and yes, they have medication for it. He is doing great now. She took the time to explain everything to us and follows up on him to make sure he has the right dosage. We call with questions and she is just great. The office staff is just the best.

We moved here last July and when this happened we were upset because we didn't even have a vet here. But we lucked out with this one.

As I said, I know this isn't in Mebane, about ten or fifteen minutes away but they are great there.

Good luck.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:24 AM

We've since brought both of our dogs to Mebane Pet Clinic, and they seemed fine to us. They did seem to do a more thorough physical exam than my old vet did, so that was nice. They also had crayons and a coloring book and a little stuffed dog toy that they gave to my daughter, which was really sweet and kept her occupied. They also allowed me to come in after hours to pick up heartworm meds (they close at 5:30 and I thought it was 6 and got there right before 6).

Old 08-06-2008, 02:56 PM

62 posts, read 202,684 times
I'm moving to Mebane next week and also need a vet. I called Mebane Pet Clinic on the phone today to ask some questions. I wasn't very impressed and the woman I spoke with seemed rude (she could be having a bad day though).

Has anyone heard things about any of these places?:
Animal Hospital of Mebane

Alamance Veterinary Hospital (Burlington)

Mebane Veterinary Hospital

Piedmont Veterinary Clinic (Hillsborough)

Thank you!

Old 08-06-2008, 03:34 PM

1,280 posts, read 1,394,978 times
I live in Durham, but I've used the Hillsborough Veterinary Clinic for the past two years. It's just off 85 by the sports complex. Very friendly staff, and both doctors have been great with my dog. They send out postcard reminders when it's time for vaccinations or annual checkups. We like them so much that my girlfriend and her family have started using them as well.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:05 PM

We've been using Mebane Pet and they have been fine. Our dog was sick recently and we were able to do a "drop-off" appointment, which was great because we didn't have to miss work to bring him in. We brought him in on the way out to work and picked him up on the way home, and they checked him out at their convenience during the day. I've never had a vet offer that before, and I really liked it, especially since they don't have any late hours.

I know there is a new vet in town, but I don't remember which it is.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:10 PM

41 posts, read 194,609 times
Dr. Gregg Jordan just opened up a new practice in Mebane, Mebane Veterinary Hospital. He was a veterinarian at a couple of other hospitals in the area and people really seemed to like him. He's got a real nice place. It's in the shopping center right down from teh Ruby Tuesdays off of I40/85.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary