Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2013, 10:59 AM

40 posts, read 64,715 times

Advertisements

Hello! We're under contract for a lovely home in Cary, and there is some work that we'd like done on the house before we move in. Any recommendations for the following would be greatly appreciated!

REPIPING: The house has polybutylene pipes and we would like to repipe with PEX. We have one bid from Cary Plumbing Co. already, but the other outfits we've contacted all use CPVC. Does anyone know of any other plumbers who have experience with repiping using PEX that we can contact?

KITCHEN: We want to do a partial remodel. We'd like to expand the island (probably will have to replace the cabinetry underneath), replace the sink and the cooktop (perhaps with a full stove to give us double ovens), install a range hood, and possibly replace the counters. The hood may give us problems depending on which way the floor joists in the ceiling run. We're also open to swapping the position of the sink and the stove if this makes venting easier (cooktop currently is on the island). The cabinets are nice, so we'd like to keep them if we can. I'm going to meet with Bill from Triangle Kitchen Designs but would like to meet with one or two more designers or general contractors. I've searched extensively on the forum and have tried reaching out to Roland Fach (busy) and Tim Peterson (might be able to fit me in later). I saw one reference to K&B Galleries, but they might be expensive (though not sure how they compare to Triangle Kitchen). Any other recommendations for kitchen design outfits or general contractors with kitchen remodeling experience? We'd like to start work in the latter half of August if possible.

Thanks much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 12:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,473 times
Default repipe the house

Did you get the repipe work done? I am trying to find a contractor to repipe my whole house, is there someone you can recommend ? Many thanks!

Renxwzy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary