Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 09:15 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,106,298 times

Advertisements

What is the big deal? Either don't go to the mall or don't buy the product. They're not hustlers. They're selling a legitimate product. I bought their nail buffer last year, still use it and still like it.
They are aggressive and annoying, but hey, at least they are working and selling something. Plenty of people spend that much money on "beauty products".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2007, 09:28 PM

1,790 posts, read 6,517,890 times
I keep walking past folks like that and politely decline. Works for me.

Old 11-11-2007, 09:29 PM

29 posts, read 119,118 times
Default how has that nail polisher been working?

My wife tried it tonight on one of her nails. I told her to leave it alone. It shaves off the top of your nail, making it thinner. Yeah, it makes it look great. However, your ruining the lining of your nail. Your nails don't grow that fast.

Old 11-12-2007, 05:17 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,033,730 times
If you really don't want to talk to the kiosk people, call me and I will lend you my 3 year old for the trip. The down side is you won't be able to get much shopping done, you will have to avoid the end of the mall with the play area (unless you want to stop there for about 30 minutes), she will want a cookie so be prepared. On the up side, when you walk past the kiosk people they really don't bother you!

Leigh

Old 11-12-2007, 06:06 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,526 times
One tactic I heard works is you have them ring up a few of the items they are selling and then walk away. They then can sense how you felt by their pressure selling.

Old 11-12-2007, 06:22 AM

104 posts, read 403,190 times
It's simple. Say no thank you and keep on walking. These kiosks are at EVERY mall that I have been to here in NC, NJ, NY, and PA. They just want sales. It's not like they hold you hostage or anything.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,243,784 times
I'm always amazed at people that are so afraid of those trying to sell them something.

People...be brave. Just say NO. Smile, shake your head and WALK AWAY.

If you can't say no to people at the mall trying to sell you something, how in the world are you ever going to teach your kids to say no to drugs and alcohol???

Vicki

Old 11-12-2007, 11:10 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,348 times
Hehe yeah that works for me and I usually have three or four in tow. If they DO talk to me anyway I make my most harried look and say, no thank you. Actually, even if I'm alone, I say no thank you In fact my no thank you response is so automative that I've twice declined the offer of a booth lady to show me something that I actually want to see at Southpoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
If you really don't want to talk to the kiosk people, call me and I will lend you my 3 year old for the trip. The down side is you won't be able to get much shopping done, you will have to avoid the end of the mall with the play area (unless you want to stop there for about 30 minutes), she will want a cookie so be prepared. On the up side, when you walk past the kiosk people they really don't bother you!

Leigh

Old 11-12-2007, 11:26 AM

331 posts, read 1,126,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMaui View Post
It's simple. Say no thank you and keep on walking.
Even the "thank you" part is optional.

Old 11-12-2007, 12:41 PM

12 posts, read 33,618 times
Very funny indeed and being from NYC one knows exactly how to politely say, "I am not interested, thanks anyway."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary