Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2013, 06:14 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,602,995 times

Advertisements

I'm quite surprised to learn that many city parks charge a fee to use the amenities, including the dog parks in both Apex and Cary. Are there any off leash parks that are free to use near Apex?
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2013, 07:03 PM

12,798 posts, read 16,217,364 times
I didn't know anybody charged for dog park usage. They're free in Chapel Hill if you want to ride over here. The dog park at Southern Village is probably closest to Apex.

Town of Chapel Hill : Dog Parks

Old 08-07-2013, 07:12 PM

1,590 posts, read 4,602,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
I didn't know anybody charged for dog park usage. They're free in Chapel Hill if you want to ride over here. The dog park at Southern Village is probably closest to Apex.

Town of Chapel Hill : Dog Parks
Thanks! I was surprised to learn it too. Perhaps no one enforces it, but here it is...

Cary Dog Park at Godbold Park

Dog Parks - Town of Apex

Old 08-07-2013, 08:43 PM

481 posts, read 1,082,787 times
Raleigh has 2 free dog parks - Millbrook park and Oakwood park.

Chapel Hill and Durham are also free. Cary has one but you do pay a yearly fee. Apex has a new one and soon to be 2nd but both have yearly fees. Rates are a little cheaper if you are a resident.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:27 PM

22,616 posts, read 36,530,898 times
do the free parks require any paperwork (like proof of vax or residency)?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:41 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,148,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
do the free parks require any paperwork (like proof of vax or residency)?

No. I think they want your dog to have his rabies tag on their collar, but I've never seen anyone there enforcing anything.

Took my dog on a road trip across to the south side of Wake County earlier this year, and planned a stop at the Apex dog park, and was shocked to see it cost! Ended up at Oakwood in Raleigh, off Lake Wheeler Rd. Wasn't impressed though. As to be expected, unfortunately, was the large amount of unscooped poop all over the ground! Then one guy shows up with his dog, and several regulars groaned about that guy and THAT dog. We left shortly after, his dog was uncontrolled, a menace, and he paid no attention to the issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary