Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 11:38 AM

68 posts, read 181,912 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of hair. I don't color my hair so I'm really looking for somebody who does a great job on curly hair. I want to go to a place where people know how to work on different type of hair. I just want to cut some of my damaged ends. Also if you have a an awesome hairstylist that you absolutely love...

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 AM

146 posts, read 331,187 times
BUMP!!!

This is perfect timing, my wife was looking for a place to re-color her hair. I will be following this post as well.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:41 PM

4,266 posts, read 11,373,966 times
This is a pretty frequent subject for discussion. Here are links to a couple of prior threads.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...w-stylist.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...n-stylist.html

Old 08-23-2013, 03:32 PM

34,935 posts, read 36,068,421 times
There is no best.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:16 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,200,260 times
I'm not in Raleigh but based on a few online Reviews I read, I went to a place close to home. The owner used to do hair in Raleigh and moved back 'home" to Clayton. My 13 year old daughter has a TON of thick, hard to manage, semi-curly hair and we took her and it's the best haircut she has ever had! It's called RocKandie studio on Main street in Clayton and apparently people drive here for the good stylists. We had Kendra and she was GREAT! She spent 90 minutes on Dh's hair!
Kids will think the place is cool, with those Monster high barbie looking dolls/decor. Looks like halloween meets art studio. Different, but great stylists. My other daughter had someone else (forgot her name) and she was just as good. I went back the next day and had mine done!

Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 PM

39 posts, read 90,836 times
look up scott musgrave.com (he has a blog) or his FB page ...he is an amazing curly hair stylist in Cary...he truly has a passion for helping people care for their curls...good luck!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:19 PM

206 posts, read 309,675 times
I'm also looking for an old time barber. It can be anywhere in Raleigh or the Triangle. But I am looking for an old time barber to get a shave. The barber I go to uses a disposable razor for petes sake!

I want a barber that shaves around the ears and back of your neck with a straight razor like they used to 20 or 30 years ago. I also want my face shaved the same way.

Do barbers exist like this any more?

Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 AM

239 posts, read 411,943 times
Hi. I am woman who takes care of herself, and yet, I'm pretty simple. I do however, pride myself on the details. With that said, I take good care of my hair. The cut is everything. Previously, I saved time by going to the $15-20 dollar cut shops. Then, one day, about a year ago, I took myself to a more upscale place where the cuts started at $42.

I haven't looked back. Spending the extra money for a good stylist is worth it.

I recently took myself to Samuel Cole Salon and boy, what a fabulous cut I got. And the color is perfect for my olive complexion.

Best wishes!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 AM

36,499 posts, read 53,783,841 times
Sometimes you just have to go by trial and error. I went to a salon in Chapel HIll which boasted about being voted Best in the Triangle. It was super expensive to get the perm I wanted and to top it all off the stylist spilled solution all over my brand new top and the permanent was a complete dud. The guy never said 2 words to me and it was a horrible experience. The manger refunded my money and gave me cost of my top but I never went back.

Old 09-01-2013, 03:57 PM

54 posts, read 108,226 times
Runway Salon in Wake Forest anyone have any comments?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary