Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 PM

30 posts, read 41,868 times

Advertisements

Are there any affordable horse farms that teach Equestrian style riding lessons for adults and children?
I googled many of the Riding schools and camps they have in Raleigh but none of them state how much it cost per lesson or per week or even how many times a week will me and my child have to attend.

We are very interested in starting these lessons as soon as we move to Raleigh, North Carolina. I would like to find a place thats not to far out and is not to expensive, for dressage and other types of horse training. Can someone please help us find a good place to try out.
ONLY LOOKING FOR HORSEBACK RIDING LESSONS IN RALEIGH.
Thank you
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 08:07 PM

1,277 posts, read 3,535,274 times
Do you have your own horse or will you need to use a school horse? Do you both want to attend the same day? same teacher? How old is your child? How much experience do you currently have and what are you looking to do with your skills (eg: do you want to show, if so at what level?).

I think it is worth phoning a few to get an idea of pricing. McNair and Southern Oak Equestrian Center (SOEC) come to mind and I thought their rates were online. SOEC is definitely on line and is a link off of this page: Southern Oak Equestrian Center - Lesson Program

Note: these two stables are on opposite ends of Raleigh (South and North) so it also might depend on where you live.

Where are you living/looking in Raleigh? Raleigh is 30-40 minutes end to end so it is a vast area which may make this question a bit hard to answer. If you are North or West, you might consider looking at riding in North Durham or Hillsborough as well. If you are in South Raleigh, then you might consider Garner as well as Raleigh. So not sure if you want to expand your reach outside of Raleigh itself.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 AM

1,120 posts, read 1,696,687 times
Our young neighbor is very active in equestrian events and she is involved with 4-H. Perhaps contacting the 4-H organization for the area would help you locate a place. I know of at least 3 places in North Durham, but it sounds like you aren't interested in that area.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:11 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,174,665 times
Try Phillips Farms off 401 (Fayetteville Rd) in Garner or there is Ballentine Farms off Sunset Lake Rd in Fuquay. I know Ballentine is $150 a month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary