Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 PM

354 posts, read 1,217,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frudy McRomson View Post
Look for a 70-90% default rate on these subprimes, probably close to 100% on 2/28s.
To that one non -believer. Today's article

Foreclosures hit some cities hard - Mortgage mess - MSNBC.com

Even Bernanke believes that it could be as high as 87%.

And the total cost could be in excess of $400 billion according to Duetsche Bank. A big change from $60-100 Billion that was touted just a few weeks ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 01:08 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,024,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Gee, those charts give me a headache!

I guess if I were an investor, I'd read all this stuff and really worry. One writer (just what are his credentials?) writes that housing is down. Another one (ANY credentials?) writes that things are moving back up. I believe each one has a 50% chance of being right!

My clients are all people from this area, moving up to a larger home or downsizing to a smaller home. My relocating clients are coming here to LIVE and to raise their family. They are not the type of people that will rent. Therefore, we'll do the best we can. We'll find the right house at the right price and hopefully, they will live there, happily, for the next 4 to 5 years, raising their kids and enjoying their life.

Does it really matter what all the media says if you need a place to live?

Vicki
Homeless people have a very limited chance of a rate reset. My guess is that the homeless would love to have that worry.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:18 PM

266 posts, read 590,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Gee, those charts give me a headache!

I guess if I were an investor, I'd read all this stuff and really worry. One writer (just what are his credentials?) writes that housing is down. Another one (ANY credentials?) writes that things are moving back up. I believe each one has a 50% chance of being right!

My clients are all people from this area, moving up to a larger home or downsizing to a smaller home. My relocating clients are coming here to LIVE and to raise their family. They are not the type of people that will rent. Therefore, we'll do the best we can. We'll find the right house at the right price and hopefully, they will live there, happily, for the next 4 to 5 years, raising their kids and enjoying their life.

Does it really matter what all the media says if you need a place to live?

Vicki
The typical response from a realtor. "Not the kind of people who'll rent". Renters are sub-human. They're miserable little creatures without a wife or kids, and people hanging in city-data forums talking people out of living in a home.

"Needing a place to live" is a tired saying. People who are cash strapped simply cohabitate, moving back in with parents, families living together, etc. Happens elsewhere, and there's nothing precluding it from happening here.

These charts are easy to follow. They're even color coded!

People a lot richer than anyone in this forum and even most of Raleigh rent. Rich families occassionally rent.

As Pasteur once said "Chance favors the prepared mind".

If they're only living there 4 or 5 years, they'll lose money. I highly doubt that the 50/50 chance is seriously applicable there.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Homeless people have a very limited chance of a rate reset. My guess is that the homeless would love to have that worry.
There's going to be such a massive surplus of homes after most of the homebuilder go bankrupt, no one is going to have to worry about finding a home.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Ok now we gotcha

Quote:
The typical response from a realtor. "Not the kind of people who'll rent". Renters are sub-human. They're miserable little creatures without a wife or kids, and people hanging in city-data forums talking people out of living in a home.

"Needing a place to live" is a tired saying. People who are cash strapped simply cohabitate, moving back in with parents, families living together, etc. Happens elsewhere, and there's nothing precluding it from happening here.

These charts are easy to follow. They're even color coded!

People a lot richer than anyone in this forum and even most of Raleigh rent. Rich families occassionally rent.

As Pasteur once said "Chance favors the prepared mind".

If they're only living there 4 or 5 years, they'll lose money. I highly doubt that the 50/50 chance is seriously applicable there.
Ok Vicky made it clear she was referring to her clients. Even you have to give it to her this time that she knows what she is talking about. She knows them. Knows their wants. Knows what they should be able to afford. Knows their income. Probably has even met their kids. If probably a personable relationship and she probably has some insights about them that we don't. I Know I don't but then again was his name Carnac on the Carson show?

Old 11-14-2007, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch123 View Post
To that one non -believer. Today's article

Foreclosures hit some cities hard - Mortgage mess - MSNBC.com

Even Bernanke believes that it could be as high as 87%.

And the total cost could be in excess of $400 billion according to Duetsche Bank. A big change from $60-100 Billion that was touted just a few weeks ago.
Raleigh takes the #67 spot of the 100 and Charlotte #46

Raleigh has a 105.7% jump in YoY foreclosures. 1,242 total and 1 for every 319. Even Philadelphia has a significantly lower foreclosure rate.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:43 PM

Time out. Can we all take a time out and a deep breath and take in the beauty or Raleigh as provide by our official pulse setter. North Raleigh Guy.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...road-area.html

Is there anyone out there who does not love and will not still love this neighborhood now and tomorrow? If so please don't share. Drink it in and thank NRG it is his good work that captures the true beauty of the Triangle. For those of you elsewhere wondering about relocating here. Please drink in the picture thread and let our words be like crumbs that fall to the floor to be swept away.

OK now back at it? Or do we have a respite? Nah not possible. Or isn't it? Time will tell oh well for me one more look at the beauty of Raleigh as most love it.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:45 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,143,800 times
There is going to be a lot of noise on both sides of the housing coin for some time to come. I think that we are all inclined to align or pay attention to the noise that makes us feel better or smarter relative to our own situations. As a rule, we Americans tend to want to believe things will get better and those thougts have often carried us through difficult times as a country.
Before we all freak out about housing and make it dive like tech stocks did for way too long after the dot com bust, we need to ask ourselves some fundamental questions:
1. Is the Triangle growing?
2. Are we properly priced per the wages of the area?
3. How is the overall business health of the Triangle?
If you feel good about your answers, you should feel good about the long term prospects for the housing market as well.

Old 11-14-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Time out. Can we all take a time out and a deep breath and take in the beauty or Raleigh as provide by our official pulse setter. North Raleigh Guy.
//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...road-area.html

Is there anyone out there who does not love and will not still love this neighborhood now and tomorrow? If so please don't share. Drink it in and thank NRG it is his good work that captures the true beauty of the Triangle. For those of you elsewhere wondering about relocating here. Please drink in the picture thread and let our words be like crumbs that fall to the floor to be swept away.

OK now back at it? Or do we have a respite? Nah not possible. Or isn't it? Time will tell oh well for me one more look at the beauty of Raleigh as most love it.
They are beautiful. Perhaps transplants should rent one?

Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM

Smile I will give you that one

Quote:
They are beautiful. Perhaps transplants should rent one?
Now thats a very clever post and even bought a smile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary