Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 08:04 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times

Advertisements

Nathalie, you're not alone in the PR love. Oh, how I wish Time Warner would straighten out whatever issues it has with NBC so we can have Bravo!

In happier news, episode 2 is available on YouTube today. It was posted by thevoiet - the same person who posted the first episode of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2007, 08:20 AM

1,219 posts, read 3,294,054 times
I'm sorry to say it's been years that this dispute has been ongoing. I remember being at a friends house 8-10 years ago in Orange County and saying why do you have Bravo and the rest of the Triangle doesn't. I also cannot do satelite because of trees, etc. It stinks!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:07 AM

425 posts, read 1,257,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hula View Post
I'm sorry to say it's been years that this dispute has been ongoing. I remember being at a friends house 8-10 years ago in Orange County and saying why do you have Bravo and the rest of the Triangle doesn't. I also cannot do satelite because of trees, etc. It stinks!
I called just a few days ago and wanted to know why no BRAVO with cable. I hesitate to share this, since it sounds like bashing, but I swear this is what I was told:

"Two or three years ago, the town of Cary had the deciding factor on what stations would be carried throughout Wake County, and they, (whoever they are), decided not to carry BRAVO". I told him we would be canceling our cable, which he didn't really respond too ... Guess they have enough customers, that they don't really care all that much. At least, that is the impression I got. Why Cary? I have no idea. Maybe someone in Cary could find out if this is really the case and find out why. Very strange indeed.

We are now researching Dish and will probably switch by Christmas. I too love Project Runway and really miss this station over all.

Last edited by lolligrump; 11-23-2007 at 10:09 AM.. Reason: Forgot a " mark!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:17 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolligrump View Post
I called just a few days ago and wanted to know why no BRAVO with cable. I hesitate to share this, since it sounds like bashing, but I swear this is what I was told:

"Two or three years ago, the town of Cary had the deciding factor on what stations would be carried throughout Wake County, and they, (whoever they are), decided not to carry BRAVO". I told him we would be canceling our cable, which he didn't really respond too ... Guess they have enough customers, that they don't really care all that much. At least, that is the impression I got. Why Cary? I have no idea. Maybe someone in Cary could find out if this is really the case and find out why. Very strange indeed.

We are now researching Dish and will probably switch by Christmas. I too love Project Runway and really miss this station over all.
What did you expect him to say? He is in customer service...he didn't make the choice not carry the channel you want. It's a valid reason to stop service, but the poor person on the phone can't fix a problem at that level.

Cable is much more regulated by local goverments (due the having to run the lines in the community) so it's likely that it really did come down to what he said as to why we don't have Bravo.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:11 PM

26 posts, read 70,211 times
I've resorted to having my boyfriend in Winston-Salem dvr it for me. He gets a lot of flak from his roommate, but I need my PR.

I find it really strange, though, that TWC carries it in certain areas (Carrboro, Winston-Salem, etc.) but not others.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:48 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,230 times
I'm sorry but I have to say that this then becomes my number one reason for hating Cary.

I live in Durham County! Why must we in Durham suffer at the hands of Cary-ites.

Is it homophobia or something?

Thank God for You Tube.

I am going to follow up on this with the town of Cary. I am going to call them and find out what's up (when I get back to NC, am in NJ now)

Old 11-23-2007, 12:59 PM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Somehow I don't think Cary is the problem. I think something else is going on ... something involving money. Something they'll never ever confess to us ... just like how the people who run the Bravo website will not tell anyone why Tim Gunn's podcast & Tim's Take are not available on their website this season, let alone downloadable versions of the show! It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!!! :P

My saving grace has been Blogging Project Runway.
Blogging Project Runway
It's all things PR all the time. Plus, they do a much better job covering the show than Bravo does on their own website. They've also gotten me hooked on Project Runway Canada, which I think I like even more than the American version. Is that blasphemy?

Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,009 times
Cool Link! I've gotta check out Project Runway Canada!

Quote:
I find it really strange, though, that TWC carries it in certain areas (Carrboro, Winston-Salem, etc.) but not others.
Strange indeed. Bravo is carried on TWC in the Charlotte area as well.

Quote:
Somehow I don't think Cary is the problem. I think something else is going on ... something involving money. Something they'll never ever confess to us ... just like how the people who run the Bravo website will not tell anyone why Tim Gunn's podcast & Tim's Take are not available on their website this season, let alone downloadable versions of the show! It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!!! :P
Hmmm.....TWC has corporate offices in Charlotte....<mystery music> dun, dun, dun

Last edited by NCgirl; 11-23-2007 at 04:58 PM..

Old 11-23-2007, 09:58 PM

847 posts, read 3,522,917 times
I seem to remember that Carrboro played hard-er ball with TWC than the other local cities and insisted on various things (mostly re: public access, but maybe also with the Bravo!). Sorry that's only vague recollection, but maybe someone remembers the specifics of the contract negotiation a while back.

Old 11-23-2007, 10:57 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,805 times
Someone mentioned something about TWC being the last to get channels. Thing is...when we moved to Clayton a year ago this past June, we HAD Bravo and PR! Then suddenly, it disappeared. It is still on my record list for the DVR. TWC gave me the same reason...."in negotiation with Bravo".

It stinks and all but I have enough reality tv to keep me busy.
Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary