U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 PM

584 posts, read 2,301,260 times

Advertisements

I need a minivan to haul around family from Nov 21 - 23. Travel search engines are showing $70 per day for a minivan which just seems really high. Any local car agencies to try? I tried Triangle Rental but no good.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 04:12 PM

9,680 posts, read 25,699,569 times
Triangle Rent-A-Car.

Very good place.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:22 PM

84 posts, read 350,781 times
Default Go with Enterprise Rent-A-Car

I know you asked for a local company referral but I'd call Enterprise-Rent-A-Car. I don't know their rates but they have unbelievable customer service and clean cars.

Old 11-15-2007, 05:30 PM

2,697 posts, read 8,191,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC to NC View Post
I know you asked for a local company referral but I'd call Enterprise-Rent-A-Car. I don't know their rates but they have unbelievable customer service and clean cars.
We rent from Enterprise weekly because my husband travels to Richmond. If you have an Entertainment book there are coupons in there, but I'm not sure if they apply to minivans. Also, if you're a Warehouse club (Sams, Costco, BJs) member they have coupons. AAA has coupons for Hertz, but they always seem expensive.

Old 11-16-2007, 06:24 AM

1,036 posts, read 3,024,366 times
We always get the best rates from Alamo at the airport. I second the coupons from the Entertainment book... Also, check individual web sites instead of search engines because there are frequently internet specials you can only book through the web sites.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:00 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,412,085 times
This late in the game a mini van is going to be more expensive than usual. $70 is actually pretty cheap compared to what I have seen in the past especially with the holidays coming up. Mini vans are in demand, demand drives price etc, etc.........try Enterprise, they have the most selection in the area, they are promoted based on internal customer service scores and they price match (plus they have newer vehicles etc.).

Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM
rfb

2,052 posts, read 5,620,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC to NC View Post
I'll never rent from Enterprise again. Last time I rented a mini-van from them, I got a call the morning of my rental informing me they didn't have a vehicle available. They made no effort to find a replacement vehicle at another Enterprise rental site and no suggestions on a replacement vehicle.

I was lucky to find a mini-van at Hertz for that day, especially since the rental was going to be over the Christmas holidays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary