Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,271,582 times

Advertisements

I live between Bedford and Falls River in N. Raleigh within close proximity to a condo development know as Breezewood. There are several condo strcutrues in the Breezewood development but long ago I noticed that a large tract of land in the breezewood community had not been developed (It is cleared and graded and even has a vacant parking lot but no buidlings were ever constructed there). Today I got the following "Neighborhood Meeting Notification" in the mail. It reads:

Date: November 28, 2007

Time: 6-7pm

Place:
Falls River Club
1300 Falls River Avenue
Raleigh, NC

Subject: Breezewood Condominium Rezoning: City of Raleigh Rezoning Case Number, Z-04-08 CUD

This is an informational meeting to discuss the rezoning of 34.40 acres located within the Breezewood Condominium development. The property owner, Breezewood holdings LLC, will be available to discuss the petition for rezoning on file with the City of Raleigh Planning Department to answer and questions you may have.

I know there are a few people on this forum who live in Bedford and Falls River and I was curious if you knew what this rezoning issue is about? Does somebody know where I can find more information about this case? I plan to go to the meeting but I would like to read up on things before hand.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

~ NRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 09:18 PM

hmmm...went to City of Raleigh Planning website but can't find any information about this petition......... isn't even listed on the website under "pending" cases!

Old 11-16-2007, 06:00 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,099,227 times
I haven't heard anything about it, and also have not received any info from the Falls River HOA about it. Keep me posted, and thx for the heads up!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:56 AM

906 posts, read 2,380,830 times
I just emailed the city asking for info. I hadn't heard anything about this either. Are you going to the meeting?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:26 AM

I heard back from the city. Hopefully this link works:

http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_104174_0_0_18/Z-004-08_Petition.pdf (broken link)

If it doesn't, here's how to get there. "This information is posted on www.raleighnc.gov click publication, Planning, Rezoning Cases, 2008, Z-004-08 and your contact planner for this case is Dhanya Sandeep @ 516-2659 in which you may call with any questions."

Old 11-16-2007, 08:27 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,228,719 times
I remember reading that Breezewood was having some issues with their condos. But it was just heresay. Maybe they've decided to stop building them and the area is going to be rezoned for something else? I'd love to know what you find out.

Vicki

Old 11-16-2007, 09:34 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,084,527 times
Is that parcel of land zoned for single family? And Breezewood wants to get rezoned for multiple? Or do they want to get rezoned for commercial?

Old 11-16-2007, 09:39 AM

From reading the petition, its already zoned for condos. They weren't able to build as many condos as they originally filed for so they want this last parcel of their land to be rezoned so they can build the remaining condos on it. I'm not sure what the deal is exactly, but it appears that its not additional land from the original plan and its not increasing the number of units that they said they would have in the first place.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:12 PM

Thumbs up Thanks a bunch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
I heard back from the city. Hopefully this link works:

http://www.raleighnc.gov/portal/server.pt/gateway/PTARGS_0_2_104174_0_0_18/Z-004-08_Petition.pdf (broken link)

If it doesn't, here's how to get there. "This information is posted on City of Raleigh | Home click publication, Planning, Rezoning Cases, 2008, Z-004-08 and your contact planner for this case is Dhanya Sandeep @ 516-2659 in which you may call with any questions."
Thanks for that info raleighjayne. Rep points coming your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighjayne View Post
From reading the petition, its already zoned for condos. They weren't able to build as many condos as they originally filed for so they want this last parcel of their land to be rezoned so they can build the remaining condos on it. I'm not sure what the deal is exactly, but it appears that its not additional land from the original plan and its not increasing the number of units that they said they would have in the first place.
Yes, I agree. It looks like there originial zoning approval has sunset and they are looking to get it reinstated. I have to wonder if they are actually planning on developing that land anytime soon or if they are just trying to get it vested so they can develop it down the road.

I do plan on going to this meeting and I will report back on this forum with what I can find out.

Thanks again for digging up the petition!

~ NRG

Old 11-16-2007, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I remember reading that Breezewood was having some issues with their condos. But it was just heresay.
I have heard similar comments from a friend who lives there. Again, it just hearsay so my info may be bad. What I have heard is that the original developer field for bankruptcy years ago before all the units were built and several liens were placed against the entire property. My friend who lives with a friend who owns a townhouse there said that all of the Breezewood property owners have issues with the titles to their properties due to these liens. Again this is all hearsay so take it with a grain of salt.

With all these troubles I really doubt Breezewood will be building more units anytime soon, but I am curious what the end goal of the rezoning process is. I would love to see something happen with that land. Either develop it or just plant some ground cover and trees. Right now I consider it an eyesore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary