Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2013, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,437 times

Advertisements

Was involved in a minor accident in Morrisville. While trying to merge onto a 4 lane highway from a driveway, hit a traffic sign in the median. I called the cop to report the incident. Cop gave a ticket(G.S. 20-154) and took insurance details as the city will claim for the signpost damage. My insurance paid for my car repair but never received any bill from City. Even I never received any bill from them. It's almost over a month now. I tried calling Morrisville city administration and they mentioned that as it is a state highway, NCDOT has to send the bill.

I had a court hearing and as per ada, ticket dismissal can only be considered if I give a letter from insurance that they paid the bill. I can show the insurance payment for my car repair but since city/state never sent any bill I cant show the payment for signpost damage. ADA gave me another court date but I am not sure if I'll receive bill for signpost by then.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2013, 08:33 AM

263 posts, read 572,344 times
See if the insurance company will issue a letter saying they accept responsibility, and will pay the damages. That should satisfy the ADA, and then if DOT never sends a bill, oh well...

Old 09-14-2013, 11:11 AM

22,668 posts, read 36,787,758 times
It can take many, many moons for a state govt authority to send a bill. Talk to the ADA and see what can be done as per the above post.

Old 09-14-2013, 05:37 PM

2,464 posts, read 4,165,745 times
That'll teach you for attempting to do the right thing!

Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 AM

510 posts, read 900,902 times
I wonder if they have even fixed the sign yet. they might not send a bill it until after the repair is complete.

Old 09-16-2013, 10:11 AM

273 posts, read 911,869 times
The person who got the ticket should go to the courthouse and speak to the ADA and explain that the situation is still pending without resolution. They will automatically extend for 30 days. Keep doing this cycle until it is settled. This happens all the time and is standard practice. Make sure to send the person who got the ticket. I did this 7 months in a complicated insurance episode. Keep all your paperwork (I even kept my parking receipts to show I was in the deck on the day in question too). Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary